FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > STI testing

STI testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inted123 OP   Man 32 weeks ago

sutton

General question here. How often are you testing, how often are you asking if others are tested?

Cheers for any replies. No judgements here, just an open question.

FYI We test before any new encounters and after.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *rufflesCouple 32 weeks ago

manchester

STI Testing is obviously better that nothing...however at the same time, the result really is no more than a "guide" at that precise moment.

As tempting as bareback often is, safe sex is always a safer option.

Sue x

By *wendolineFoxWoman 32 weeks ago

Chester

Because of the nature of how long it can take for anything to show up, I just keep to a standard 3 monthly regime.

I did think about testing before and after someone new, but I came to the conclusion that it’s maybe a false sense of security.

By *rancois Du BoisMan 32 weeks ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

I test every month as I’m a high risk category, as someone else mentioned safer sex is always the way. It’s not 100% but it all helps. Testing before and after an encounter is a false safety net as incubation periods vary, regularly testing at three month intervals is recommended.

By *ootnootboopCouple 32 weeks ago

Cheshire

Every 3 months for us. In addition to condoms and making informed decisions about the best safe sex practices for us, we find this works quite well.

A x

By *ophieslutTV/TS 32 weeks ago

Central

Generally I have a 3 months programme that's pre-booked. I occasionally add other tests but keep the 3 months that covers everything

By *inkForLifeCouple 32 weeks ago

North Shields

Around 3 months.

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS 32 weeks ago

South Birmingham

i get tested every 4 weeks, pre-booked appointment. every 3 month i get my Prep supply.

By *inky-girl-for-useWoman 32 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I get tested every 2-3 months. My local clinic now won’t test monthly unless you have symptoms. They have also changed the hour slot for testing without symptoms to one slot a week at 2-3pm on a Thursday! I’ve argued my point but gotten nowhere so if I want tested more regularly I have to pretend I have symptoms. It’s shocking! Some clubs do clinics for testing as well which I think is amazing!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 32 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

When I was very active it was every 4 weeks.... now going every 2 months x x

By *heelerMan 32 weeks ago

Northants

Ive always been curious how 2 female protect against a sti.

By *anted by NightMan 32 weeks ago

Shangri-la

"STI Testing is obviously better that nothing...however at the same time, the result really is no more than a "guide" at that precise moment.

Sue x"

This

By *inky-girl-for-useWoman 32 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"STI Testing is obviously better that nothing...however at the same time, the result really is no more than a "guide" at that precise moment.

Sue x"

I’m a safe sex girl unless with a regular partner/relationship but I know there’s a lot of barebacking in swinging so I like to be extra careful and get regularly tested even if I’ve only had safe sex

By *luttyLaylaWoman 32 weeks ago

North West

I have a monthly appt at my local nhs sexual health clinic monthly for full blood tests and swabs (including oral swabs).

I don’t expect anyone else to be as obsessive with testing as me, but I do expect clubs people to be testing regular. I go the same time every month but it is usually 3 weeks after my favourite club night which I’m most likely to attend.

I am very careful, and know most people won’t be as careful as me but that’s the risk we take playing.

I use condoms for oral always and never had an issue with anyone saying no

North Shields

[Removed by poster at 06/10/23 14:55:33]

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

"General question here. How often are you testing, how often are you asking if others are tested?

FYI We test before any new encounters and after. "

We don’t but if we played with people unprotected we would test after every time.

By *layfullsamMan 32 weeks ago

Solihull

Ffs I thought it was a Subaru thread, sorry I’ll grab my coat and leave

North Shields

"General question here. How often are you testing, how often are you asking if others are tested?

We don’t but if we played with people unprotected we would test after every time. "

Various STIs are still very transmittable with condoms. Especially if you're having bare oral.

We don’t but if we played with people unprotected we would test after every time. "

perhaps I misread this... was it that you don't test ? Or that you don't play without condoms

By *rozac_fairyCouple 32 weeks ago

Tamworth

Every 3 months.

We always play safe though

Every month so far

By *hosetwo200Couple 32 weeks ago

Leeds

Both of us test every 3 month, but staggered so kind of every 6 weeks.

We don’t but if we played with people unprotected we would test after every time. perhaps I misread this... was it that you don't test ? Or that you don't play without condoms "

We don’t play without condoms.

We don’t but if we played with people unprotected we would test after every time. perhaps I misread this... was it that you don't test ? Or that you don't play without condoms

We don’t play without condoms."

sorry I read it as you weren't testing.

By *enelope2UWoman 32 weeks ago

Fife

I test after every sex act/partner

I have since I started having sex and I have a test kit in my medicine cabinet to mail off at any given time..

never had an Sti or std covid once never had even chicken pox or the flu....

"I test after every sex act/partner

I have since I started having sex and I have a test kit in my medicine cabinet to mail off at any given time..

never had an Sti or std covid once never had even chicken pox or the flu...."

see I couldn't do that as when I'm active it's multiple partners, multiple days... I've never had anything though...

Caught chicken pox as a child.. had flu 3 times in my life time

By *iss LovelyWoman 32 weeks ago

Here and There

The frequency of my testing depends on how active I’ve been. But it’s usually 6 weeks to 3 months for full check, with the odd postal tests thrown in for good measure.

I only really play at clubs and I always use condoms for that kind of play. I will occasionally take the risk of having unprotected sex with someone privately if I feel like it, but I’ll only do that with one person at once and will get a full test before having unprotected sex with a new partner.

I don’t really ask people about their test status as unless they’ve abstained from sex for 6 months before the test and not had sex since there could potentially be something there that hasn’t shown up yet. Most people I know don’t even abstain for 2-3 weeks before or after a test so their most recent results are useless to me.

By *enelope2UWoman 32 weeks ago

Fife

"I test after every sex act/partner

never had an Sti or std covid once never had even chicken pox or the flu.... see I couldn't do that as when I'm active it's multiple partners, multiple days... I've never had anything though...

Caught chicken pox as a child.. had flu 3 times in my life time "

I dislike awkward new inattentive unaware of my needs sex so that would never be a problem I'd face..

I'm a part of a lifestyle so it's group sex with others who've been vetted and practice similar I don't do the UK scene because of that lack of awareness

By *inted123 OP   Man 31 weeks ago

sutton

Thanks everyone, much appreciated and very grateful for everyone’s honesty.

The next natural question for us is have you ever caught anything or know anyone who has? Although I don’t expect many people to answer that.

In all honesty, the more we delve into this, the more off putting it is, but we’re not 100% decided either way.

By *quirtyfun69Couple 31 weeks ago

Burnley

Every 3 months but Mr is a 4 to 6 weeks behind me, we always practice safe sex but can't be too careful.

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

Every 3 months as a rule for me

By *ebaucherous_duoCouple 31 weeks ago

Bristol/ Daventry

"Ive always been curious how 2 female protect against a sti."
femidoms and dental dams

[Removed by poster at 11/10/23 07:52:51]

Bristol/ Daventry

"Thanks everyone, much appreciated and very grateful for everyone’s honesty.

The next natural question for us is have you ever caught anything or know anyone who has? Although I don’t expect many people to answer that.

In all honesty, the more we delve into this, the more off putting it is, but we’re not 100% decided either way. "

it’s a risk for sure. Nothing is 100% safe, and abstinence is the only safe sex. But, with communication and boundaries, for instance I will never do unprotected oral (which if guys and girls aren’t okay with then they don’t get oral) then I’m not for them/or they don’t get oral. There’s loads more on the sexual menu. Same for Mr. He doesn’t get bareback oral.

Remember all fluids can contain microorganisms and as such we have wipes and a cleaning/showering regimen that we stick to.

It’s a risk for sure, and we discuss it and review it between us regularly. After each meet we review and improve (not just safe sex, but flow, actions what we could do better next time).

But, only you know your risk profile. Stay within what feels comfortable and right for you! Please, don’t be swayed by randos on the internet or be pressured in meets. No is a full sentence. You don’t have to justify anything. It’s your life and you’re the one that will be dealing with the consequences.

Xx Ms

12 weeks without fail.

Along with protection 100% of the time.

Very surprised at the amount of unprotected sex I'm asked to engage in!

By *atBottomGirlsWoman 31 weeks ago

St Austell-ish

Every 6 months when I'm active or just before and about 3 months after a new partner. It has been quite a while now for that, but I still have a test now, every year (no partners, but I like to be sure).

As STIs have varying times to register on a test, I like to be sure i'm covering any I might have missed in previous tests.

By *ischiefManaged69Couple 31 weeks ago

Chorley

In all honesty, the more we delve into this, the more off putting it is, but we’re not 100% decided either way. it’s a risk for sure. Nothing is 100% safe, and abstinence is the only safe sex. But, with communication and boundaries, for instance I will never do unprotected oral (which if guys and girls aren’t okay with then they don’t get oral) then I’m not for them/or they don’t get oral. There’s loads more on the sexual menu. Same for Mr. He doesn’t get bareback oral.

Remember all fluids can contain microorganisms and as such we have wipes and a cleaning/showering regimen that we stick to.

It’s a risk for sure, and we discuss it and review it between us regularly. After each meet we review and improve (not just safe sex, but flow, actions what we could do better next time).

But, only you know your risk profile. Stay within what feels comfortable and right for you! Please, don’t be swayed by randos on the internet or be pressured in meets. No is a full sentence. You don’t have to justify anything. It’s your life and you’re the one that will be dealing with the consequences.

Xx Ms"

I think this is about the best answer you'll get.

Everyone is responsible for their own sexual health, so be sure about anything you decide. The lifestyle is diverse enough that there will be plenty who match up with your rules, so never feel like your SH has to be a compromise.

By *rozac_fairyCouple 31 weeks ago

Tamworth

In all honesty, the more we delve into this, the more off putting it is, but we’re not 100% decided either way. "

We've not tested positive for anything so far. Not even cold sores.

I've known swing friends test positive for HPV, generally picked up via routine pap smear rather than STI testing but nothing else

By *luttyLaylaWoman 31 weeks ago

North West

I know loads of people on here who have caught STI’s.

Thankfully not anyone I’ve ever been involved with (but I’d say I’m more careful than anyone I’ve ever had this conversation with) but definitely a lot of people on the club scene.

By *inkyBlackMaleMan 31 weeks ago

London

I get tested after every meet!

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS 31 weeks ago

South Birmingham

"I get tested after every meet!

"

You know most STD/STI have an incubation period before they will show up on tests.

ie meet on a tuesday and tested on a thursday/friday same week results will not show anything. some take up to 12 weeks before anything shows

Reason i go every 4-5 weeks to just make sure.

By *iss LovelyWoman 31 weeks ago

Here and There

I’ve been active on the scene for 5 years and have never caught anything from anyone with whom I’ve had protected sex.

I did catch gonorrhoea from my regular partner, but we were having unprotected sex. He’d had unprotected sex with others and apparently had a condom break and didn’t tell me. Bad luck.

I think there’s an element of risk with all sex, protected or not. You just have to weigh up whether it’s worth it and be as careful as makes you comfortable.

The one that frightens me is HSV1 and 2. Can be caught with safe sex and no cure. It’s not in an STI testing kit or test

You're all pretty au fait with these nasty and disgusting infections, what's your favourite pet name for them, ie clap, crabs, syph etc...?

By *rosted_CupcakeCouple 31 weeks ago

Norwich

how do you know you dont already have it as its such a massive thing and millions have it, statistically 1 in every 4 encounters could have herpes and only 1 in 3 people that do have symptoms

Norwich

you can catch herpes kissing people,

when you was teens did you get people to STI check before you kissed them? its a lifestyle, and as such you have to expect the worse, play with fire without precautions you get burnt,

go on a plane, could crash, ride a motorbike could lose your life, anything in life is dangerous if you dont try your best to be safe and survive, no one expected covid etc and look what happend,

if you dont like the risks dont engage

By *bwstarzWoman 31 weeks ago

south cheshire

I test regular and I’m on Prep, was offered it at the local clinic as they know I’m a swinger, as they put it condoms break and nothing is 100% safe and they’d prefer it if more swingers took prep.

With regards to STI’s there is currently a syphilis outbreak, last time I was getting checked out the nurse told me it’s the worse she’s known it in 10+ years.

I don’t ask if people get tested as people lie I just try and look after myself as best as I can which is all anyone can do.

Risks are there for symptomatic and asymptomatic and wether they have the simplex virus 1 or 2. If you knowingly have it you need to disclose to potential partners! if you have lip cold sores you can pass it on as genital!

Bristol/ Daventry

"

I do hope that you are paying privately and not burdening the NHS with this flagrant waste of resources! As others have said it can be up to three months for HIV, Siph, and others to show up. Xx ms

By *amieLDN22Man 31 weeks ago

London

I think you have to take reasonable precautions and make an informed decisions but nobody can be perfect.

I test every 2-3 months. I haven't had many opportunities to play solo with ladies on fabs. Most of my meets have been in clubs or at my own parties. The clubs push safe sex agenda so most of the play is with a condom. However I do play with my regular without. I do ask for evidence of testing before meets regardless.

Fortunately I've never caught anything so far and want to keep it that way.

By *ecretescapeCouple 31 weeks ago

Staffs

3 weekly but I also work in sex so it's very important

By *rancois Du BoisMan 31 weeks ago

"3 weekly but I also work in sex so it's very important "

Oh Sames!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 31 weeks ago

I do hope that you are paying privately and not burdening the NHS with this flagrant waste of resources! As others have said it can be up to three months for HIV, Siph, and others to show up. Xx ms "

when I'm meeting I test every 4 weeks... and no I don't pay privately. It would cost a lot more to treat me and anyone else I'd come into contact with if I left it 3 months. It's been recommended to me when I'm active for every 3 to 4 weeks.

By *abrielle43Woman 31 weeks ago

Kildare

Sh24 3 monthly. Full clinic screen 6 monthly.

By *abrielle43Woman 31 weeks ago

Kildare

"Sh24 3 monthly. Full clinic screen 6 monthly. "

Never had anything so far. Play safe at clubs, full test with new fwb before bareback.

By *_the_impalerMan 31 weeks ago

canterbury

"Sh24 3 monthly. Full clinic screen 6 monthly.

Never had anything so far. Play safe at clubs, full test with new fwb before bareback. "

Same here well every 4 months whatever was suggested many moons ago by a specialist. I donate to a private sperm bank and have done for years part of that is sti including blood work as well as fertility testing. I always play safe unless exclusively with one partner and they are tested too. But have testing done for piece of mind and there is a needle stick injury with my line of work.

By *empusMan 31 weeks ago

Poole

Sent my second one off today, fingers crossed. Took my first one in June (Have been on fab since Jan).

Have used SH:24 again, such a good service, can’t believe it’s free

Norwich

its a good service but they dont test EVERYTHING which is a shame

By *ory_xWoman 31 weeks ago

42 Wallaby Way Syndey

Every month through Friskywales free service, whether I am active or not as it takes up to 3 months for some things to show up

I never ask anyone, there's no point.

By *ecretescapeCouple 30 weeks ago

Staffs

Every 3 weeks for me but I do work in sex too so it's essential

By *tuluMan 30 weeks ago

The Side of the Mersey

About every other month. Just as a matter of routine. Even if it’s been a while since my last session

By *londebiguyMan 30 weeks ago

Southport

Every 3 months or more often sometimes

By *arkChocolate30Man 30 weeks ago

Tunbridge Wells

Every 3 months I play safe apart from my long term fwb but you never know what someone else could be up to.

By *tefan_09Man 30 weeks ago

Rhyl

Sexual Health Clinic every 3 months.

Anal and oral swabs

Blood tests

STI and HIV checks

On preventative PrEP

I also get free condoms and lube as a 'reward' for going.

I caught Chlamydia in February 2023 year which was picked up during roytine tests and treated with antibiotics. Cleared in a week.

I messaged every one I'd been in contact with. All except one got tested. I wonder why? They are now blocked.

By *aughtystaffs60Couple 29 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Just used SHS:24 again for a periodical check. Amazing free to use service and so quick to get results. I understand not all postcodes can use it. I am lucky I guess.

By *oghicksMan 29 weeks ago

Brackley

Out of interest how many of you are using home test kits as opposed to going to the GUM clinic? I personally favour the latter but even that isn't infallible as our local clinic recently announced that they had been giving out false positive chlamydia results due to contamination of the test facilities.

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 28 weeks ago

Telford

I was testing after everytime. I am now testing every 3 months.

I practice safer sex with the use of condoms.

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 28 weeks ago

Telford

I have never caught anything in my life, not even a cold sore ha.

I do not know of anyone that has caught anything on here personally anyway. People are rarely honest about that though especially if it has been dealt with.

By *atelotmanMan 28 weeks ago

Chatham

I have blood test every 6 weeks. An part of that they test for STI as doctors knows of my sex life. That one came clear for Sti as always But show up a Kidney problem so back for most test next Monday,

By *ottodot123Couple 28 weeks ago

Gillingham

"I have blood test every 6 weeks. An part of that they test for STI as doctors knows of my sex life. That one came clear for Sti as always But show up a Kidney problem so back for most test next Monday,

"

All the best for your following tests. Hope it was just a blip.

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

I get tested every three months

I use condoms and bi oral, I suck cock and pre cum and sometimes cum In my mouth.

Because a safe swinger makes us all happy swingers x

By *luttyLaylaWoman 28 weeks ago

North West

"Out of interest how many of you are using home test kits as opposed to going to the GUM clinic? I personally favour the latter but even that isn't infallible as our local clinic recently announced that they had been giving out false positive chlamydia results due to contamination of the test facilities."

Proper NHS clinic, I can get full bloods and all 3 swabs so makes more sense.

I go once a month (and only play safe including oral).

Plus I don’t live in an area that offers self order tests or anything.

Nothings ever infallible. Just have to take action to level of risk you’ll accept

By (user no longer on site) 27 weeks ago

I test every 3 months, home testing kit.

By *ornycouple1982ABCCouple 27 weeks ago

Thornaby

We get tested every 2 weeks

Every three months at the clinic, with two home kits in between each month.

By *ayTVTV/TS 27 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Every 3 months...

By *melie LALWoman 27 weeks ago

Peterborough

Born again virgins need not attend

By *inkycouple692023Couple 27 weeks ago

doncaster

We get tested after every holiday to Gran Canaria and don’t normally play in between unless we know they are safe

Every 2 months...and definitely pre party

By *atKat-xoxWoman 27 weeks ago

Neath,united kingdom

I test every month, in Wales we can have free test kits send to the house. Takes 5 mins , no excuse x

By *s-two-75Couple 27 weeks ago

You’re just as likely to catch syphpillis etc from oral as much as penetrative sex hence why rates are so high, so all these posts stating condoms only how many play oral with condom?

I’ve seen hundreds people giving/receiving oral in clubs over the years & I don’t recall once seeing it with protection, just saying not preaching.

We test 12 week and prep for the record and oral with condoms is awful so we don’t for oral, but who does?

"I get tested every three months

I use condoms and bi oral, I suck cock and pre cum and sometimes cum In my mouth.

Because a safe swinger makes us all happy swingers x "

OK…trying to make sense of your message but you swallow cum so that’s means cock in mouth without condom? not strictly true then that you consider yourself a safe swinger..

Playing devils advocate

By *oxy babeWoman 27 weeks ago

gower

I tested in sept and have just sent off for another test as a guy I played with at the weekend pulled off the condom without my consent or knowledge, he’d also just been playing that day with a guy who had just been treated for chlamydia the week before !

By *ugarplumpfairyWoman 27 weeks ago

scotland

I don’t understand. Why not just be safe and not need to bother with the hassle of testing?

By *icecouple561Couple 27 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don’t understand. Why not just be safe and not need to bother with the hassle of testing? "

How are you defining 'safe'?

"I don’t understand. Why not just be safe and not need to bother with the hassle of testing? "

Oh dear…

By *rosted_CupcakeCouple 27 weeks ago

Norwich

"We get tested every 2 weeks "

far too frequently what about incubation periods for sti/std?

By *MischiefxWoman 27 weeks ago

Astana

Full MOT every other month, always negative and I wouldn’t expect otherwise but I still do it regardless.

By *oxy babeWoman 27 weeks ago

gower

The only way to guarantee “safe” is to abstain completely

By *luttyLaylaWoman 27 weeks ago

North West

"You’re just as likely to catch syphpillis etc from oral as much as penetrative sex hence why rates are so high, so all these posts stating condoms only how many play oral with condom?

I’ve seen hundreds people giving/receiving oral in clubs over the years & I don’t recall once seeing it with protection, just saying not preaching.

We test 12 week and prep for the record and oral with condoms is awful so we don’t for oral, but who does?"

I do. Every time. As I said further up no complaints, ever

By *luttyLaylaWoman 27 weeks ago

North West

Please get educated if you’re going to be meeting on here xx

By *apnDomMan 27 weeks ago

Belfast

Honestly? STIs are scary, but more than getting tested myself, I don't do much. I don't demand any print outs beforehand. Seriously, do some of you guys do that?

By *atcoupleCouple 26 weeks ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"I don’t understand. Why not just be safe and not need to bother with the hassle of testing?

Please get educated if you’re going to be meeting on here xx"

Quite correct, educate yourself as to all the risks/dangers and become aware.

By *rancois Du BoisMan 26 weeks ago

"Honestly? STIs are scary, but more than getting tested myself, I don't do much. I don't demand any print outs beforehand. Seriously, do some of you guys do that? "

I do ask questions that help gauge people’s attitudes around testing etc.

By *anted by NightMan 26 weeks ago

Shangri-la

"I don’t understand. Why not just be safe and not need to bother with the hassle of testing?

The only way to guarantee “safe” is to abstain completely "

This

There is no such thing as safe sex. There is always some risk involved. Condoms don’t guarantee 100% protection. Only safe option is either you abstain or both partners committed to a monogamous relationship. Testing regularly doesn’t guarantee you won’t catch anything but if you do catch Sti then can be treated early and informed and protect play partners.

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

"Honestly? STIs are scary, but more than getting tested myself, I don't do much. I don't demand any print outs beforehand. Seriously, do some of you guys do that?

I do ask questions that help gauge people’s attitudes around testing etc. "

I got tested yesterday, all tests. All clear.

By *urious couple22Couple 26 weeks ago

Derby

Every 2 to 3 months.

By *apnDomMan 26 weeks ago

Belfast

"Honestly? STIs are scary, but more than getting tested myself, I don't do much. I don't demand any print outs beforehand. Seriously, do some of you guys do that?

I do ask questions that help gauge people’s attitudes around testing etc. "

Unless you sit there with a questionnaire and ask very direct questions, I'd call that just very normal judgement and passive.

There isn't much you can do really. Just get an idea of their character and look for any obvious visuals. If they have something they can just as well lie to you, and you can't really expect an sti test every time you meet. I mean, if you only do meet once every full moon, okay, maybe. But not if you have a regular play friend who has other playmates beside you.

Just wear a rubber and pray you got a good judge of character. In the field, there isn't much else you can do unfortunately.

By *xymcsexingtonWoman 26 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Every 3 months and always play safe

By *aribbean King 1985Man 26 weeks ago

South West London

Well the last time I had sex (which was protected) was in April and got tested in August which was all clear so dont need to be tested again

By *ope_kisses22Couple 26 weeks ago

Cheshire

I find it much harder to get free STI screening when I don't fit into any high risk categories- they don't ask if you're swingers lol

Does everyone pay? Or any free places ?

K

By *ottodot123Couple 26 weeks ago

Gillingham

"I find it much harder to get free STI screening when I don't fit into any high risk categories- they don't ask if you're swingers lol

K

"

Does the postal service Sh.uk cover your area ?

By *xymcsexingtonWoman 26 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Every 3 months and always play safe"

If I'm more active then I test more often but rarely meet so every 3 months works always been clean results

By *inkycouple692023Couple 26 weeks ago

doncaster

We both got tested after Gran Canaria earlier this year

Both clear of course

My wife just told them she had no symptoms but was playing on her mind!

As we had both had sex with different people

They ask if we are in a open relationship

We just said yes as it sounded better haha

Agreed to test us both for free

By *oft_SensualTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Yorkshire

Side note - having to pay or have had to pay to use local authority/NHS run/commissioned sexual health services is unbelievable- I really hope this isn't the case.

Rationing of services due to demand I can understand- paying to use am essential service you're already paying for through taxes is disgusting.

By *hris.GMan 26 weeks ago

sible

In all my time in the lifestyle, I have never seen 2 women protect that way. Not to say it doesn't happen but, the stigma with safe sex always seems to be focused on condoms, the fact you can transmit with any fluid echange/contact is pretty much voids the term safe sex. " Safer Sex lol"

(10 years on the scene and worked at a swingers club 6 years)

By *imi_RougeWoman 26 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Every 3 months, I get the postal kits in my area.

Portsmouth

Because you can catch things from skin on skin contact. Doesn't need to be penetrative sex.

Because you can catch things from skin on skin contact. Doesn't need to be penetrative sex."

Things that tests don’t pick up too like herpes

Cheshire

We use SH:24.... but they don't provide oral swabs nor do they test for syphilis.

It is a great free service but it is a LIMITED service

Those whom test more than 3 monthly must either go to a clinic, meet certain criteria (like sex worker or gay/bi man) or live in a place that has a foooooking amazing service lol

We used to be able to get oral and syph but no longer

K

By *heltenhamBiGuyMan 26 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"We use SH:24.... but they don't provide oral swabs nor do they test for syphilis.

Those whom test more than 3 monthly must either go to a clinic, meet certain criteria (like sex worker or gay/bi man) or live in a place that has a foooooking amazing service lol

K"

That's strange, I've just sent off my SH24 test kit which included swabs, urine and blood test for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and HIV.....

Maybe it's what risk elements you put on your application that determines what tests they will send you.

I'm upfront with my sexuality and risks, so they send the relevant test equipment.

By *rancois Du BoisMan 26 weeks ago

"We use SH:24.... but they don't provide oral swabs nor do they test for syphilis.

K

That's strange, I've just sent off my SH24 test kit which included swabs, urine and blood test for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and HIV.....

Maybe it's what risk elements you put on your application that determines what tests they will send you.

I'm upfront with my sexuality and risks, so they send the relevant test equipment."

That’s exactly it. It depends on what your risk factors are!

By *hocoholic22Woman 26 weeks ago

rhonda

I’m really shocked at how many people have said they test every 3 months . That’s a long time . In wales we have frisky wales home test so I suppose it’s easier for us i test every month sometimes more and I no I still at risk of things. But 3 months way too long to leave between tests .

"I’m really shocked at how many people have said they test every 3 months . That’s a long time . In wales we have frisky wales home test so I suppose it’s easier for us i test every month sometimes more and I no I still at risk of things. But 3 months way too long to leave between tests . "

If your having 'safer casual sex' then 3 months is the actual recommendation. Blood born viruses can take 3 months to actually show up, and some much longer.

Unprotected sex you would ideally be testing 2 weeks after the sex and again at 3 months to cover window periods.

Sexual health clinics recommend 12 weekly testing generally unless a casual sex worker where they would recommend monthly.

By *parklyNipsWoman 26 weeks ago

Denbigh -ish

My last test was August and I've just ordered another. So around 3 months for me too

Portsmouth

"I’m really shocked at how many people have said they test every 3 months . That’s a long time . In wales we have frisky wales home test so I suppose it’s easier for us i test every month sometimes more and I no I still at risk of things. But 3 months way too long to leave between tests . "

That's all your allowed on the postal kits. 4 per year. Plus it depends how much sex you're having I guess? I might go months without, so no need to test any more regularly. Plus I only sleep with others who can prove they've tested too.

ive had oral sex and been rimmed

penetration is always safe

not sure im protecting myself ???

By *alcon43Woman 26 weeks ago

Paisley

I was tested a few months ago. I don’t test regularly, I see the same people and we always use condoms.

I know it’s better to test regularly but it also puts a strain on the system. In Scotland we rely on Sandyford clinics in most cases for testing. They have limited appointments and it took several weeks to get an appointment.

Cheshire

"ive had oral sex and been rimmed

not sure im protecting myself ???"

You're protecting yourself but it's still better to test, there's also the risk of orally passed STIs and those not covered by a condom (warts/herpes)

Cheshire

K

I'm upfront with my sexuality and risks, so they send the relevant test equipment."

Yeah it is strange .... you'd think they'd give oral swabs at the very least

By *TastePurpleWoman 26 weeks ago

Wymondham

I've had an sti, several years ago. Though it was an easily treatable one and caught thanks to very regular testing. Begins with C!

There's nothing wrong or immoral about catching an sti, they're just illnesses. We don't stigmatise people who get ill from other means.

Obviously best practice is to do what you can to prevent them. Test regularly. Ask partners if they get tested regularly. Use protection. Go on PreP if it makes sense to. Though we all choose our own risk profile.

Also as an addendum, I really hate when people say they're "clean" . It implies people who have/have had an sti are dirty or wrong, and does a lot to stigmatise them. The reality is a lot of people will catch one at some point in their lives.

By *TastePurpleWoman 26 weeks ago

Wymondham

"I find it much harder to get free STI screening when I don't fit into any high risk categories- they don't ask if you're swingers lol

My local GUM clinic does free testing through postal kits, when you sign up they ask you questions about your gender, orientation, frequency of sex and other questions. It even has a question if you attend sex parties, which is very good IMO. Ticking that puts you in a higher risk category so you get more thorough testing.. it's all free.

K

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Central

"ive had oral sex and been rimmed

not sure im protecting myself ???"

Condoms don't prevent all infections, so it's wise to get tested and treated, as appropriate

By *onynickiCouple 26 weeks ago

Bournemouth

We use the Confidante 10 test kit.

SH24 is great but doesn’t cover you for things like mGen etc

It’s expensive but then what price peace of mind

T&N

Xx

By *oxesMan 26 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

STI testing in my area is insanely difficult. They got rid of the drop in clinic and most sexual health services in my area. Southend have instead parybered with charities and franchises. Some of which have gone bust recently

Brooks do a free drop in clinic However you have to pre book to stand a chance of me getting a space. Spaces are now limited to Southend residents only before at the hospital it was open to everyone.

The nearest local is rochford they operate a service that is booking term time only during the day.

By *aughtynigel02121980Man 26 weeks ago

Brandon

I use a self testing kit from icash. They work in conjunction with the local sexual health clinics in my area. I log in, answer the various questions. Once the answers are submitted they then send the test through the post that arrives withing a few days. A urine test, and finger prick blood test and then send off ready for testing.

The results are sent usually around a week

By *wen1973Man 26 weeks ago

West Bromwich

I test every 3 months because I do where condoms. But I love bareback as well. And have been testing for the last 25 years Aids / s.t.i and topical viruses as well all nav and all clear.

By *ymac580Man 26 weeks ago

Derby

Every 2 to 3 months

Usually use sh24 postal

Quick and easy

Faster results

I test every 3 days. All clear.

By *herry delightWoman 26 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

3 months is the recommended as it can take that long for the virus to be detected. The minimum is two weeks after sex.

Anything less is a waste of NHS money and time.

By *orkshireHoneyWoman 25 weeks ago

Doncaster

Monthly for me

By *unlovin72Man 25 weeks ago

BARNSLEY

Safe sex and 3 months testing for me

By *wingamajigsCouple 25 weeks ago

Folkestone

Every 6 months or so

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 25 weeks ago

Telford

K

The same I get the whole shebang

By *oneybee1001Woman 25 weeks ago

Around and about

"3 months is the recommended as it can take that long for the virus to be detected. The minimum is two weeks after sex.

Anything less is a waste of NHS money and time. "

I get tested every 3 months and never had an STI. I've a chronic health condition so it's really important that I protect myself as much as possible (whilst still enjoying life obviously) and never ever do bareback with folk that were strangers a minute ago lol!

I had a meet earlier this year with a guy who hadn't brought protection (and neither had I), so we stopped play, he went out and bought some and we got down to it again in no time - however, the condom split so had to schedule more tests for a fortnight later. Within a couple of weeks of the meet, I saw bareback pics on his profile from another meet so even though people say they're safe and tested, they can let lost in the moment and may not recall that detail when asked about recent test results. Safest is to abstain but this lifestyle isn't about that is it lol!

By *nterprizeABCMan 25 weeks ago

Aberystwyth

If anyone is worried about herpes, cling-film between you and your partner provides some reasonable protection without taking away too much feeling. It protects the infectable parts of the skin while a condom takes care of anything else.

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

I test regular and like to ask if any potentials are tested too. I think it's important, especially as u love cim and refuse to do oral using condoms

By *more226Man 25 weeks ago

swindon

Sue x"

I agree as sti s are up and you would be surprised how busy g u clinics are

By *more226Man 25 weeks ago

swindon

"Because of the nature of how long it can take for anything to show up, I just keep to a standard 3 monthly regime.

I did think about testing before and after someone new, but I came to the conclusion that it’s maybe a false sense of security. "

would it be easier to have a permanent fwb

By *unflirtycoupleCouple 25 weeks ago

Leeds

Bf- before and after a meet

Neither of us have ever had an STI and we both want to keep it that way.

By * New YorkieMan 25 weeks ago

Leeds

I am not as active as I used to be.. So I test every ˜3 months

By *averockrockMan 25 weeks ago

swindon

Testing every 3 months but unfortunately, if really actively having fun, it's not safe anyway because anything can develop in 3 months after the last sex encounter. Plus some STI can be passed kissing, touching and having oral without condom..haven't met a lot of people using condom for bj and certainly not on women when licking them condom always but not the answer for other STI it's always a gamble!

By *XLguyMan 22 weeks ago

London

Hey if you fuk around often then you are no different than a sex worker. It’s recommended to test weekly and if you love it raw. Prep are offered now to reduce risk of HIV. As far as hpv is concerned a lot of people have it and they spread it. So don’t be afraid to ask someone’s sexual health history before engaging sexually with them. I do not kiss anyone randomly and I don’t let any woman suck me randomly. My preferred choice have always been long term married couple with kids. If they have something to live for they don’t take risks. 12 years of hotwifing and it’s been fun. I made a hot wife pregnant but she got into complications and had abortion. That’s about the only mishap I had. Always use condoms.

By *melie LALWoman 22 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Hey if you fuk around often then you are no different than a sex worker. It’s recommended to test weekly and if you love it raw. "

I assume you mean guidelines for sex workers and those frequently having casual sex should be the same? I only found a three months, not weekly.

Testing doesn't keep you safe. Keeps others safe while an infected person abstains during treatment, until the infection has gone.

By *otallysmoothMan 22 weeks ago

Telford

Every 3 months.

By *onathan14Man 22 weeks ago

Liverpool

Without sounding stupid, for what reason are you getting tested?

Hopefully your answer is to protect others?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 21 weeks ago

"Without sounding stupid, for what reason are you getting tested?

Hopefully your answer is to protect others?"

for my own health and those I meet.

By *ope_kisses22Couple 21 weeks ago

Cheshire

"Without sounding stupid, for what reason are you getting tested?

Hopefully your answer is to protect others?"

To protect myself and to avoid putting others at risk.... I mean is there any other reason? Cos I certainly don't enjoy the finger prick blood tests ... tasked me ages to fill the vials

By *alcon43Woman 21 weeks ago

Paisley

The purpose of testing is to ensure that should you test positive, you can identify where from and minimise the risk to others.

There should be no shaming of others on here. Everyone makes their own choices in life.

By *londebiguyMan 21 weeks ago

Southport

Sue x"

Safer sex is only a safer option with protected oral sex and also knowing that the partners you are with are completely clear and have accurate results with no sexual partners since those tests.

I do not think that is really very realistic for most people and impossible if you go to clubs snd parties.

The best you can hope for is honesty, regular testing and PrEP I think.

By *amnaughtybutniceWoman 21 weeks ago

tf1

Sue x

Safer sex is only a safer option with protected oral sex and also knowing that the partners you are with are completely clear and have accurate results with no sexual partners since those tests.

I do not think that is really very realistic for most people and impossible if you go to clubs snd parties.

"

You can’t get prep if you are female in my area. Only for gay men.

By *ayHaychMan 21 weeks ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

Every 3-4 months. Maybe 6-7 months if I haven’t had much action in that time and have only met regulars who I know test regularly. We have SH24 in our area so easy enough!

By *righton GeezerMan 21 weeks ago

Saltdean

Two weeks after sexual contact. If non then no test. What would be the point?

I got a mate who likes to play with pros, he tests regularly.

By (user no longer on site) 21 weeks ago

We get tested every three months. Obviously condom use as well. Works for us.

By *untimes wantedMan 21 weeks ago

"Two weeks after sexual contact. If non then no test. What would be the point?

I got a mate who likes to play with pros, he tests regularly. "

Should be 2 weeks and 12 weeks after you last had sexual contact.

The testing window for some sti is 12 weeks.

from SH-24

chlamydia: 2 weeks.

gonorrhoea: 2 weeks.

HIV: 7 weeks.

hepatitis B: 12 weeks.

hepatitis C: 12 weeks.

syphilis: 12 weeks.

By *arahfromwarringtonTV/TS 21 weeks ago

warrington

I test every 3 months, with prep and use condoms, unless it’s someone I know and trust. It’s actually quite hard to access NHS testing here. No appointments and drop-in sessions that are full as soon as the doors open. I get prep review every 3 months and they test me then. If I go to the Sauna on a day that sexual heath visit, then I’ll add another test.

By *edplusoneCouple 21 weeks ago

West Midlands

We test every 12 weeks in person at our local clinic. Also we’ve had HPV and HEP vaccinations there.

Of course condoms always, and touch wood been fine xx

By *inky_ragnarCouple 21 weeks ago

Peterborough

We have been on the scene 9 years, always played safe, got checked every 6 months or so. Never had an issue.

We use sh.uk. A free postal service that covers parts of uk, results are sent in a link, that you can share.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 21 weeks ago

Chichester

Sue x

You can’t get prep if you are female in my area. Only for gay men. "

Just buy it online from the recommended prep shop that clinic advise. You buy 3 months worth usually

By *untimeswithme69Man 21 weeks ago

London

Every couple of months.

By *ldgeezermeMan 21 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

Sue x

You can’t get prep if you are female in my area. Only for gay men. "

I wonder what they would say if you told them you were going to buy it online

Might be more accomodating considering the possible dangers as well as the affect it can have on the kidneys etc

By *inkForLifeCouple 21 weeks ago

North Shields

Sue x

Might be more accomodating considering the possible dangers as well as the affect it can have on the kidneys etc"

You can get Prep up here if you're female but only if you're in a certain industry, so to speak.

By *elaninMaverickWoman 21 weeks ago

near Putney Heath

"Every couple of months. "

similar...1 to 2 months. I have multiple play partners who have multiple play partners.

I also notify if I have B V or yeast as it can travel in the mouth.

My last test I had oral, vaginal and swabs and 3 vials of blood.

I'd rather catch it sooner than later especially as kids, grandkids and marriages are involved. Not mine, my partners' ones.

By *ldgeezermeMan 21 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

Sue x

Might be more accomodating considering the possible dangers as well as the affect it can have on the kidneys etc

You can get Prep up here if you're female but only if you're in a certain industry, so to speak.

"

That's a good point

I know they're reluctant to give it to gay "top" men who say they use condoms so some lie to get it

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple 21 weeks ago

Durham

3 monthly for us. PreP given if female occasionally takes bare...

By *eyDJMan 21 weeks ago

Willenhall

Me once a month for sti I used self testing kit. I sent it to wish in Walsall.

North Shields

"3 monthly for us. PreP given if female occasionally takes bare..."

Are you aware of this?

PrEP is usually taken in two different ways:

daily

only when needed, which means taking two tablets 2 to 24 hours prior to sex, one tablet 24 hours after sex, and another one 48 hours after sex (but this is only effective for anal sex, not vaginal or frontal sex)

https://www.zavamed.com/uk/prep-hiv-pre-exposure-prophylaxis-consultation.html?serviceId=1000008

North Shields

Another reference

https://i-base.info/guides/prep/on-demand

North Shields

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/pre-exposure-prophylaxis-prep/how-and-when-to-take-pre-exposure-prophylaxis-prep/

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple 21 weeks ago

Durham

"Another reference

https://i-base.info/guides/prep/on-demand "

Hey thanks for your message and your concern. Yes we have seen the NHS reference, however our recommended event based dosage regimes are different I guess based on the info about availability in different tissues in the make and female bodies. The on demand it event based di dosage we have been given fur Lulu isn't on the NHS website and involves taking a pill for 3 days on the lead up and 7days after. I think it must be a protocol that has been recently developed and tested but anyway was prescribed by the NHS clinic.

North Shields

"Another reference

https://i-base.info/guides/prep/on-demand

Hey thanks for your message and your concern. Yes we have seen the NHS reference, however our recommended event based dosage regimes are different I guess based on the info about availability in different tissues in the make and female bodies. The on demand it event based di dosage we have been given fur Lulu isn't on the NHS website and involves taking a pill for 3 days on the lead up and 7days after. I think it must be a protocol that has been recently developed and tested but anyway was prescribed by the NHS clinic."

That's great to hear.

By *wen1973Man 21 weeks ago

West Bromwich

I, test every 3 months and I also like Creampie gangbang. And my next test is 03/01/24

By *ewcastlekittycatWoman 21 weeks ago

newcastle upon tyne

"Sent my second one off today, fingers crossed. Took my first one in June (Have been on fab since Jan).

Have used SH:24 again, such a good service, can’t believe it’s free "

That service isn’t offered in our area which is a shame. Have to physically go to a clinic, which are no longer walk in

By *egsandsmileCouple 21 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Never.

We only play with each other

We just like to let people watch and watch others

By *arley QuimWoman 21 weeks ago

Somewhere

"Sent my second one off today, fingers crossed. Took my first one in June (Have been on fab since Jan).

That service isn’t offered in our area which is a shame. Have to physically go to a clinic, which are no longer walk in"

I find this madness to be honest. I'm in Durham where Sh24 is available. Croft used to do pick up test kits/drop off service up until recently, but I know it's no longer on offer. As for appointments in Durham, I basically had to state I had symptoms which I didn't to get a face-to-face. As I wanted a fuller screening done... And then they still didn't give me an enhanced one even though I asked for it? You honestly cannot win. All the advice states get checked out, and then it's an absolute ballache to do.

North Shields

That service isn’t offered in our area which is a shame. Have to physically go to a clinic, which are no longer walk in"

The 121 centre in Shiremoor does walk ins on a Wednesday but I think the queue is usually quite bad. You can order home tests online but only if you're in North tyneside or Northumberland.

https://www.northumbria.nhs.uk/our-services/sexual-health-services/sti-testing/sti-home-testing-kits-over-18s#b408834b