FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid - Sense of smell and Fatigue

Covid - Sense of smell and Fatigue

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Silver Fux OP   Man 15 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

So got my third Covid infection (vaccinated) and shook it off with 3 or 4 days in bed.

This time though I have lost my sense of smell - 1 month after infection and sense of smell still not fully returned. Can only pick up on really strong odours and it’s affecting attitude to food as my taste is affected too.

Also I have random waves of extreme fatigue. Anybody else got symptoms sticking around?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ymAndIcedCoffeeWoman 15 weeks ago

Worcester

"So got my third Covid infection (vaccinated) and shook it off with 3 or 4 days in bed.

This time though I have lost my sense of smell - 1 month after infection and sense of smell still not fully returned. Can only pick up on really strong odours and it’s affecting attitude to food as my taste is affected too.

Also I have random waves of extreme fatigue. Anybody else got symptoms sticking around?

"

The first time I had Covid, pretty early in the pandemic, I lost my sense of smell and taste for about six months. For months and months after that I kept randomly smelling burnt toast which was awful.

My commiserations.

By *illynillyCouple 15 weeks ago

Wiltshire

I had it for the first time in October, most things still smell rotten, of smoke, exhaust fumes or varnish type smells...extremely annoying, and the menopause hot flushes are every couple of hours, driving me mad, and my hand and hip joints still hurt...

Uttoxeter

Well this doesn’t sound pleasant and your experiences tally with what has happened- I had a small generator in the back of the car along with a can of petrol a couple of weeks back… the smell of petrol fumes wasn’t correct at all thinking about it now… it was like a sweet furniture polish smell… not a petrol smell at all.

Wiltshire

My sense of smell is better than it was...literally everything was rotten or phlegm type smell... I almost made a complaint about a smoking area being too close to a bedroom window therefore the bedroom smelt of cigarette smoke...fortunately my colleague shut me up as there was no smell at all apparently...also went right off tea which I drink a lot of...that's a bit better now...tbh covid absolutely floored me

Wiltshire

"Well this doesn’t sound pleasant and your experiences tally with what has happened- I had a small generator in the back of the car along with a can of petrol a couple of weeks back… the smell of petrol fumes wasn’t correct at all thinking about it now… it was like a sweet furniture polish smell… not a petrol smell at all. "

I often smell gas for no reason too....

By *ellaboo400Couple 15 weeks ago

Gorebridge

I haven't had a jab since school or wore a mask or stayed in the house or used sanitiser and I've never had COVID, I haven't had so much as a sniffle for years

By *melie LALWoman 15 weeks ago

Peterborough

"So got my third Covid infection (vaccinated) and shook it off with 3 or 4 days in bed.

"

Fatigue can linger after a virus. Just learn to pace yourself.

Uttoxeter

"I haven't had a jab since school or wore a mask or stayed in the house or used sanitiser and I've never had COVID, I haven't had so much as a sniffle for years "

Okay, that’s great. What’s your point?

By *inkygentkentMan 15 weeks ago

Maidstone

I've had it twice since Covid was a thing and I believe I had it before it was officially in the UK as I had a really bad flu-like virus in December 2019 which affected my sense of taste and left me really fatigued.

With the confirmed bouts of it I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell but the fatigue lasted about a month the first time and two weeks the second time.

Wiltshire

"I haven't had a jab since school or wore a mask or stayed in the house or used sanitiser and I've never had COVID, I haven't had so much as a sniffle for years

Okay, that’s great. What’s your point?"

I started to put congratulations then deleted as wasn't sure of the point either

Uttoxeter

"I've had it twice since Covid was a thing and I believe I had it before it was officially in the UK as I had a really bad flu-like virus in December 2019 which affected my sense of taste and left me really fatigued.

With the confirmed bouts of it I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell but the fatigue lasted about a month the first time and two weeks the second time."

Yup, my first CoVID infection was before vaccines became available and it floored me -and after my immune system took a beating it was conjunctivitis, gum infection, another chest infection… no end of stuff.

By *icecouple561Couple 15 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We had covid in Feb 2020 and again Dec 22. Mr still randomly complains about horrible smells that I can't notice and can't smell things that I can. We also have 24 hour periods every three or four weeks where we have flu like symptoms and feelings of exhaustion.

Uttoxeter

"We had covid in Feb 2020 and again Dec 22. Mr still randomly complains about horrible smells that I can't notice and can't smell things that I can. We also have 24 hour periods every three or four weeks where we have flu like symptoms and feelings of exhaustion. "

Jeez . It’s a nasty little bugger isn’t it. I hope we all get clear of it soon. xx

By *icecouple561Couple 15 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We had covid in Feb 2020 and again Dec 22. Mr still randomly complains about horrible smells that I can't notice and can't smell things that I can. We also have 24 hour periods every three or four weeks where we have flu like symptoms and feelings of exhaustion.

Jeez . It’s a nasty little bugger isn’t it. I hope we all get clear of it soon. xx"

It is that!

We just thank god we're retired so that we can usually just stay home and put our feet up when exhaustion hits.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 15 weeks ago

Cumbria

"I haven't had a jab since school or wore a mask or stayed in the house or used sanitiser and I've never had COVID, I haven't had so much as a sniffle for years "

My great grandma smoked from the age of 12 up until she died age 97, what’s your point?

By *arahandkinkyCouple 15 weeks ago

Cardiff area

Don't think we will ever be rid of it tbh, long covid is now a recognised after effect of both covid infection and the vaccine. Kinky has not been right, well never has been lol, since the last booster in Oct 22. No end of different symptoms cropping up every few weeks or so and confirmed, by cardiology, heart damage caused by the vaccine spike attacking ac2 receptors.

Can read more at Wales Online..

Cause of long Covid finally identified in major breakthrough for treatment

Uttoxeter

"I haven't had a jab since school or wore a mask or stayed in the house or used sanitiser and I've never had COVID, I haven't had so much as a sniffle for years

My great grandma smoked from the age of 12 up until she died age 97, what’s your point?"

lol - it’s the my experience is different to yours so I refuse to believe, relate or acknowledge - ignore them- water off a ducks back…

Grandma well preserved with Nicotine tho’

Cumbria

My great grandma smoked from the age of 12 up until she died age 97, what’s your point?

lol - it’s the my experience is different to yours so I refuse to believe, relate or acknowledge - ignore them- water off a ducks back…

Grandma well preserved with Nicotine tho’ "

Thing is, she didn’t, never smoked at all but you can say any old anecdotal shit on the Internet and no one can check.

You can also say any old shit that people can check, and do, especially on YouTube but there are usually enough rubes out there who are desperate to believe you, to make it financially beneficial.

By *orset.JMan 15 weeks ago

Weymouth

"Don't think we will ever be rid of it tbh, long covid is now a recognised after effect of both covid infection and the vaccine. Kinky has not been right, well never has been lol, since the last booster in Oct 22. No end of different symptoms cropping up every few weeks or so and confirmed, by cardiology, heart damage caused by the vaccine spike attacking ac2 receptors.

"

Not doubt there are some side effects but the pathology that Covid causes in humans has also been seen in other mammals who did not get vaccinated- the side effects of the vaccine are very much over played.

By *oistvonlipwigMan 15 weeks ago

Lancaster

Same pretty much as well as a lot of people I know. Definitely seeing a pattern in my life and those I know.

Gorebridge

Same pretty much as well as a lot of people I know. Definitely seeing a pattern in my life and those I know. "

Funny that pattern isn't it lol

Gorebridge

"Don't think we will ever be rid of it tbh, long covid is now a recognised after effect of both covid infection and the vaccine. Kinky has not been right, well never has been lol, since the last booster in Oct 22. No end of different symptoms cropping up every few weeks or so and confirmed, by cardiology, heart damage caused by the vaccine spike attacking ac2 receptors.

"

Sorry to hear that

By *orset.JMan 15 weeks ago

Weymouth

"

From what read from that article- the vaccine is not mentioned - it’s the spike protein from the virus itself that is triggering heart issues not the vaccine- can you show where it’s states vaccine induced cardiac inflammation

By *ldgeezermeMan 15 weeks ago

Newcastle, Throckley

You're using germ theory when we should be looking at terrain theory "

What about the plants, they're trying to kill us

WHAT ABOUT THE PLANTS!

By *ackformore100Man 15 weeks ago

Tin town

Since I had covid, I've put 3 stone on. Bloody long covid.

Uttoxeter

"Since I had covid, I've put 3 stone on. Bloody long covid. "

Bloody wide Covid

By *ovetoedgeMan 15 weeks ago

Dunstable

I had it badly twice, pre vaccines. There are some foods I've never eaten since. Smell and taste horrible.

By *ootnootboopCouple 15 weeks ago

Cheshire

And that's a useful contribution to this conversation how exactly?

By *arry and MegsCouple 15 weeks ago

Ipswich

And that's a useful contribution to this conversation how exactly?"

Just use the green arrow and apply a filter, some people are obsessed with ridiculous social media theories

Wiltshire

Just use the green arrow and apply a filter, some people are obsessed with ridiculous social media theories"

I heard a cracker the other day "the vaccine was tested on 6 mice only "

I am rarely lost for words

Cumbria

You're using germ theory when we should be looking at terrain theory

What about the plants, they're trying to kill us

WHAT ABOUT THE PLANTS!

"

By *lym4realCouple 15 weeks ago

plymouth

Yep Mr4 is still not fully recovered from his 2nd bout and this time his sense of smell/taste was very binary !!quite litereally one minute it seemes to have returned full on and next it went ! and then it severely mucked around with his sleep paterns so felt worn/out tired all the time but that's returned to normal now though and he just loves all these people who state it's no worse than the flue though ...

By *imandher123456Couple 15 weeks ago

gosport

Had COVID in Nov 21 ... Sense of smell is still rubbish , taste went fir a bit , and only very slowly returning still .

Had it again in December 23 , and now feel completely worn out all the time .....

By *host63Man 15 weeks ago

Bedfont Feltham

Inmy case everything tasted and smealt more intensely.

The first time and I couldn't stop feeling extremely fatigued.

Caught it again has. Sense of taste and smell but like the first time I was sneezing non stop with a nose like faucet.

Two weeks later I still get waves of extreme fatigue.

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

Just use the green arrow and apply a filter, some people are obsessed with ridiculous social media theories

I am rarely lost for words "

those 6 mice so easy to catch very lazy indeed

By *MischiefxWoman 15 weeks ago

Astana

I have had it a few times now and after the first time my sense of taste and smell never returned to normal.

The debilitating headaches were the worst initially though as covid wiped out ALL my testosterone levels. As a female it’s very difficult to have this on prescription unless for lack of libido (which is something I have never had an issue with) but my doctor is fantastic and was willing to try after 18 months of heavy meds and it worked within 48 hrs!!

By *aughtyLittlePicsCouple 15 weeks ago

Derby

Initials Covid symptoms were not too bad but. I coughed from October 22 to April 23. Lost taste and smell was weird. Thankfully no fatigue

Husbands initial symptoms were much worse but his recovery was faster apart from making his T1Diabetes much worse (injection ratios went from 1:1 to 1:3) and his fatigue and mental processing was awful for about two months. His taste was also off.

Both caught it again this Christmas and its not hit as hard but smell and taste went out the window quickly again

By *ackformore100Man 15 weeks ago

Tin town

I am rarely lost for words "

See how they run...

By *elbaCouple 15 weeks ago

Derby

Caught the bugger in November 2021 (before jabs) sense of smell and taste is still nowhere near back to normal over 2 years later…… the worst part (as a bloke) is I’ve not smelt one of my own farts for over 2 years which I’m far from happy about

By *igNick1381Man 15 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"Caught the bugger in November 2021 (before jabs) sense of smell and taste is still nowhere near back to normal over 2 years later…… the worst part (as a bloke) is I’ve not smelt one of my own farts for over 2 years which I’m far from happy about "

But how can you tell the quality?

A moment of silence for your loss

By *emptation6580Couple 15 weeks ago

playa de ingles

Friend of ours had it - swore blind petrol smelled like strawberries for about three months!!!

On the plus side- I lost my sense of taste and smell- both back but not the same! Bonus is I can now drink any beer as it all tastes the same now!!

Gotta take the positives!

Xx

By *ilderMan 15 weeks ago

dublin

Were you testing for it though? How else can you say you've not had it?...

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan 15 weeks ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I had COVID. Only symptoms were the loss of smell and the smelling of smoke. And my cock grew bigger.

By *obleroneToShareMan 15 weeks ago

Cypress Avenue, nr Bristol

[Removed by poster at 03/02/24 07:49:32]

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

"I had it badly twice, pre vaccines. There are some foods I've never eaten since. Smell and taste horrible. "
my hubby is the same, 2 years after having Covid, can’t stand the smell of coffee now, hasn’t touched it since, he used to have at least 10 a day so some positives

By *ayboii_18Man 14 weeks ago

cannock

I've been vaccinated 4x with pfizer each time.

I've had covid (confirmed) 3x. First time was the summer strain. Awful. Lost my taste and smell for weeks. But found if I smelt and ate really strong flavours it kinda retrained my senses and kicked them back into gear. Took a few weeks but it came back. Some things still smell abit odd but mostly I'm good now.

I hope you OP feel better soon!! X

By *melie LALWoman 14 weeks ago

Peterborough

I am rarely lost for words

those 6 mice so easy to catch very lazy indeed"

Double blind

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

I have been very ill, possibly covid.

Everything tastes strange and mostly horrible. I'm exhausted and it's been almost 3 weeks.

By *izandpaulCouple 13 weeks ago

merseyside

"I have been very ill, possibly covid.

Everything tastes strange and mostly horrible. I'm exhausted and it's been almost 3 weeks. "

What did your GP say?

Did you send off for a Covid test kit?

By *awhide69Man 13 weeks ago

ayr

"

Since having covid late 2020 my sense of smell has been all over the place from electrical burning to pissy nappies . I found that using a vicks inhaler resets the brain to a smell it recognises. Try Google for this type idea and good luck .

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

"I have been very ill, possibly covid.

Everything tastes strange and mostly horrible. I'm exhausted and it's been almost 3 weeks.

What did your GP say?

Did you send off for a Covid test kit?

"

I didn't see my GP, no need to.

I didn't do a test, i havn't any and it wouldn't alter anything.

By *he Silver Fux OP   Man 13 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"I had COVID. Only symptoms were the loss of smell and the smelling of smoke. And my cock grew bigger. "

Genuine LOL

No change here fortunately

By *hatdreamsmaycomeMan 13 weeks ago

glasgow

I got COVID 2x first I was rushed in with it then to a year to recover and as I did I’d got it again but not as bad

By *ondiego85Man 13 weeks ago

nottingham

Oh great, another anti vaxxers.

Piss off, ignorant

By *ussraneCouple 13 weeks ago

Romford

Rane has long Covid, comes and goes every so many weeks, presently in week 5 of current bout, fatigue is dreadful, loss of smell and taste for two years now, anyone that says there’s no such thing as Covid can do one. I’ve had it twice, first time lasted a fortnight last one lasted 8 weeks.

» Add a new message to this topic