FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Is there a "right way" to say no?

Is there a "right way" to say no?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *FFB69 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

I usually try and say thanks for the offer but no thanks. Or "you're not my type sorry". Is that mean? How do you nicely tell someone you're not interested? Get abuse if you ignore messages and abuse if you reply.

Anyone found a way that makes it clear and doesn't cause upset?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elshman25Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Just say sorry not for me or something like that. You cant please everyone unfortunately. I messaged you and didnt get a reply, i just took it as you not interested and left it at that, hate it when people get abusive if you tell them no! Its like they expect you to wana meet every single person on here lol! Some people just dont like being rejected i suppose! Childish really.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I usually try and say thanks for the offer but no thanks. Or "you're not my type sorry". Is that mean? How do you nicely tell someone you're not interested? Get abuse if you ignore messages and abuse if you reply.

Anyone found a way that makes it clear and doesn't cause upset?"

I prefer someone to say no thanks not my type or not interested etc rather than ignoring or just deleting messages. People who then give you abuse cause you said no are bang out of order and whilst it shouldn't happen at least you know you made the right decision.

Torfaen/Gwent

"Just say sorry not for me or something like that. You cant please everyone unfortunately. I messaged you and didnt get a reply, i just took it as you not interested and left it at that, hate it when people get abusive if you tell them no! Its like they expect you to wana meet every single person on here lol! Some people just dont like being rejected i suppose! Childish really. "

I do try and reply to everyone but sometimes I have that many messages I reply to the ones I want a mass delete... Or even just mass delete when I'm in a "mood" and cba with anyone. Sorry if I caused offence.

By *elshman25Man  over a year ago

cardiff

No offence caused, im an adult im aware im not to everyones liking so if i don't get a reply or my message is deleted i just assume im

Not to that persons tastes so i just take it like any adult should

If people take offence to not replying to a message or take offence because they're not your type, that's their problem.. You're under no obligation to reply to every message, let alone anything else.. It's up to you..

"Just say sorry not for me or something like that. You cant please everyone unfortunately. I messaged you and didnt get a reply, i just took it as you not interested and left it at that, hate it when people get abusive if you tell them no! Its like they expect you to wana meet every single person on here lol! Some people just dont like being rejected i suppose! Childish really.

I do try and reply to everyone but sometimes I have that many messages I reply to the ones I want a mass delete... Or even just mass delete when I'm in a "mood" and cba with anyone. Sorry if I caused offence. "

I had the same issue when I had my single profile. If you reply sorry not interested the why questions start. If you then say sorry your not my type the abuse starts and you start to think well you messaged me. I got to the point J would just read the message if it wasn't what I was looking for delete and if the person then messaged again getting funny I would simply block. I got that much abuse for being nice and replying in the end just closed my account x

I don't even log into my single account much anymore, nowadays the guys seem more aggressive & abusive. If I reply no thanks I get abused, if I delete without a reply I get abuse. My profile clearly says I'm not meeting but the messages still roll in regardless & I'm accused for being on the site & not fucking anyone who shows an interest. Shame really because I will be looking to meet again in the future & my block list is just growing with no sight of many new nice polite guys

There is no right way I find some take it well while others just dont

By *iforfun999Man  over a year ago

Haverfordwest

I prefer upfront and honest answers rather than not replying, but either way, don't let it bother me. We all have different likes and dislikes and are judged by our profile information and photos, or lack of them as well as the message content and style in which it is written, often read in a different way too. Personally, I would still chat with someone who wasn't my type but not lead them into thinking I was interested in meeting for sex.

Any No replies are, usually followed by a why not?

Best ignore those who don't match what you're looking for.

Torfaen/Gwent

I'm glad it's not just me. Thought maybe it was the way I had worded it. But obviously some people just can't take no for an answer.

No its not just you.

Another one of my favourites are the ones who send you a cock pic once you've politely declined!

Are they expecting me to change my mind purely on the sight of their appendage?!

Just no thanks is more than enough, after all a deleted mail should be clear enough.

Any abuse should only reinforce that your refusal was the right choice.

Just a simple no thanks not for me is all I say

With sorry

Should be enough!!

There isnt really a "right" way so to say no, the polite and honest way seems to go well! You dont even need to explain yourself tbh hun its your life, if they push for an answer or get nasty just block and move on

Xxxx

By *igjrvMan  over a year ago

blackwood

Ignore the abusive ones report and block hun no means no!!! Xxx

'Not for us sorry '

But we don't reply full stop in certain circumstances.

With some people you could say "I'd rather eat my own shit on toast while I let my dad fuck me" and you'd still get:

"So that's not a no, then?" in response.

Just gotta take the rough with the smooth, I guess.

Cassie what you are doing is fine and their response to your polite reply proves that you were right to turn them down.

I suggest that you block them and move on.

"With some people you could say "I'd rather eat my own shit on toast while I let my dad fuck me" and you'd still get:

"So that's not a no, then?" in response.

Just gotta take the rough with the smooth, I guess. "

» Add a new message to this topic