FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Views on Pampas Grass

Views on Pampas Grass

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I was driving along the other month, listening to Radio 2, when Ken Bruce and Lynn Bowles started talking about pampas grass, alluding to what it signifies.

It's apparently swinging code suggesting that if you have pampas grass growing in your front garden, you're a swinger.

Since then I've been amusing myself by spotting said plant while working. It's certainly more common in fancier areas, doubly so in England.

I was just curious if anyone here uses pampas grass to broadcast, or if it's just an urban legend.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *embs socialsMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

"So I was driving along the other month, listening to Radio 2, when Ken Bruce and Lynn Bowles started talking about pampas grass, alluding to what it signifies.

It's apparently swinging code suggesting that if you have pampas grass growing in your front garden, you're a swinger.

it was true throughout the 60s seventies but people moved on and left the grass behind our local asdas has loads now us swingers meet on here lol i only know one who actualy still have it in their front garden now

Since then I've been amusing myself by spotting said plant while working. It's certainly more common in fancier areas, doubly so in England.

I was just curious if anyone here uses pampas grass to broadcast, or if it's just an urban legend. "

By *igjrvMan  over a year ago

blackwood

Omfg. My 85yo nan is a swinger!!!

By *iscreetxplayMan  over a year ago

Vale of Glamorgan

Have a pampas grass but did not know it's used to indicate swingers live here xxxxx learn something new every day x

[Removed by poster at 13/01/17 12:56:52]

"Omfg. My 85yo nan is a swinger!!!"

It does raise some awkward possibilities, yes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've also heard this to lol

not sure how true it is but I find myself thinking when I spot it !!

Oh wonder are they swingers lol ??

By *RWYNMan  over a year ago

Blaenau Gwent

Yes I heard this about 10 years ago, so it maybe something that was done before the internet days.

I always wonder. Though I bet they'd be mortified if I asked...

I once saw a (actually quite large) house with ten cars parked outside, and a bunch of pampas grass. Couldn't help but laugh at that one.

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

I always wear a goodly bunch of pampas in my buttonhole when I'm going round the supermarket.

"I always wear a goodly bunch of pampas in my buttonhole when I'm going round the supermarket."

lol you must be like a molting chicken walking round the mess that stuff makes pmsl

By *andVBCouple  over a year ago

Wrexham

I actually dug a load of pampas grass out of our front garden this last summer after a game of hide-and-seek ended in some serious cuts.

By *ea-SiderMan  over a year ago

neath

Along with the pampas grass, don't forget to tie a plastic shopping bag to the front of your trolley and wear a black ring on your right hand.......oh but not on the index finger !

Then your bound to get noticed as a swinger.

"Along with the pampas grass, don't forget to tie a plastic shopping bag to the front of your trolley and wear a black ring on your right hand.......oh but not on the index finger !

Then your bound to get noticed as a swinger."

Index finger is ok not the middle finger.

Then shake the hand like so... Place a jade monkey in your front window, and send smoke signals every third Tuesday of the month at precisely three pm.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

At the socials I organised we used to have a helium balloon to identify the group within a pub .... awkward if there was a party going on

But for the very first one, we had one printed up with pampas grass on it

I wondered what anyone else made of it

I have a single digitalis in a prominent position (foxglove to all you none gardeners) which translates to tall finger....so it amuses me to know that in my own way I give everyone who passes my garden the finger.

I've heard this too.

My brother and sister in law have it in their garden. I always tease them by asking...are you sure you're not swingers?

They nothing about me and hubby on this site

Apparently it was a sign used in the 70's

If if you see a garden with pampas grass, knock on the door with the code, 'I like your bush, does it need doing' then your in, they have to as you invoked the pampas grass law.....

By *embs socialsMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

is brackla the swing center of bridgend was there yesterday and 80 % of the houses have got it lol

By *ea-SiderMan  over a year ago

neath

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

We are going to plant one and do some research...... will report back in 3 years when it has grown....

Planted ours because we liked it-had to remove it because some stupid twat set fire to it early hours of the morning, which could have set fire to the house. We didnt realize until the following day, -so lucky.

Had to have mine professionally removed, it had grown so big it could be seen from Google earth without zooming in much, I got concerned I was advertising to aliens

By *eadySteadyCockCouple  over a year ago

Tredegar

Which garden centre sells large pampas grass? I want to piss the neighbors off by blocking their view onto my house. is there a good one around the heads of the valleys? Or will someone sell me a clump of it?

» Add a new message to this topic