Wales have lost a legend

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"R.I.P Gary speed

Wales have lost a legend"

Hear, hear.

agree from a sunderland fan he might have worn the black and white shirt but dammm he was good

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

R.I.P

By *ery nawty coupleCouple  over a year ago

Conwy

Wales has lost one hell of a football legend R.I.P

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

from the media reports a troubled man,

nevertheless a great loss RIP

[Removed by poster at 27/11/11 16:14:53]

RIP. gary speed all round nice guy

RIP Gary Speed.

Colled fawr i bawb, a druan am y plant

By *ev and TrevCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

just goes to show money cant always buy you happiness a big loss to football and wales R.I.P GARY SPEED

How very very sad indeed!

By *orthwalianMan  over a year ago

Bangor

So sad must be hard for the family

Rumour in the game his wide was playing around and was leaving him, so sad a man like that has to throw it away , will be missed

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

"Rumour in the game his wide was playing around and was leaving him, so sad a man like that has to throw it away , will be missed"

there was a lot of twirling of his wedding ring on the clip on football focus

still a tragic loss, only in his passing does his esteem come to the for front

a big loss- he put the pride back into the national team - diolch am bopeth Gary x

what a sad day rip gary

RIP the 4 soldiers who died on the same day as Gary did, all they got a 15 second news byte for all four of them yet Gary has had days. The Soldiers died protecting our rights and civil liberties, Gary died at his own hand. A football legend indeed, however the four Soldiers were all hero,s and another injustice has been carried by the British media. RIP all the hero's who have died protecting us.

thats a bit harsh !!

the shock and awe factor of 4 soldiers dying in afghan - doesnt seem to have the same emotional impact anymore

But !!

the death of gary speed - shocked the whole football world

thats the main difference

(awaits an ambush) It is very sad Gary Speed died, but I see your point about the 4 soldiers too, the worst part is, nobody is shocked at soldiers dying as its a regular occurrence these days! ANYBODY dying deserves our respect xxx

It's to do with the shock factor.

Agree with all you say about the soldiers but, sadly, soldiers dying isn't shocking. Tragic, but not shocking.

Gary Speed's death is one of the most shocking things many of us can remember. That's why it's getting so much coverage. We can rationalise what happened to the soldiers - brave men operating in a very risky environment. Casualties are sadly a fact of life.

Speed's death - unbelievable, inexplicable. People are desperate to make sense of it. Add in the fact he was well liked by thousands of football fans (and non-fans) and that's why it's had so much coverage - a household name is bound to get more. Rightly or wrongly many of us feel we knew him in some way - at least well enough to feel he was a thoroughly nice guy.

The fact he took his own life doesn't come into it. He may have died at is own hands, but your thought processes and mental state have to be completely blown apart to do it - you simply can't analyse it in the way we "measure" normal behaviour. I don't feel his death is somehow less worthy of recognition because of the way he died.

It's just so sad that he felt he had to take that shocking course of action.

Incidentally, many in the media have excelled themselves with the way they've covered this. This BBC tribute tonight was incrediblly moving.

By *iJane4funCouple  over a year ago

South, Wales

This thread is for Gary Speed - you want to start one for the military then start your own. Gary has been recognised as an unique person across the whole nation by all sports / teams & that has got to be the highest level of respect - RIP Gary Speed - you will be missed.

Well it certainly provoked some interesting and very thoughtfull replies and I meant no direspect to Gary as I to admired the man and I agree with everything except that i should have started my own post for the military. I am a civilian who works with these soldiers and i just wanted to add a thought provoking thread and I feel I succeeded, RIP Gary and our thoughts are with your family.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

I know one thing..Im sick of hearing all these idol rumours about Gary Speed...

Barely a day goes by when someone says 'They (who the hell 'they' are I dont know) say he was'..or 'they' reckon he found out that..

Let the guy rest in peace and his family mourn with pride..his wife deserves to know the truth (is she doesnt already) and his kids must be protected from the media and all the other crap...

His funeral was today...now lets hope he can finally rest in peace.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Well it certainly provoked some interesting and very thoughtfull replies and I meant no direspect to Gary as I to admired the man and I agree with everything except that i should have started my own post for the military. I am a civilian who works with these soldiers and i just wanted to add a thought provoking thread and I feel I succeeded, RIP Gary and our thoughts are with your family."

If you want something thought provoking or mind boggling how about in world war 1 just under a million British soldiers died in 4 years 60,000 in one day and In world war 2 just under half a million died fighting aginst evil which had to be done. When any innocent person dies it is sad don't matter what they do for a living.

As a lufc supporter for 30 years i met Gary a few times we have lost a great footballer and an even greater man. RIP Speedo

Gary Speed... he was a proud Welshman, great fooballer & by all accounts a very down to earth, aproachable man.

For fans & the footy World it is a tragic loss, for his family it is truly unfathamable. I can't even begin to imagine the emotional pain they are in now.

Whatever demons overwhelmed you Gary, you are at peace/heddwch now. You will never be forgotten.

» Add a new message to this topic