FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Best excuses from single males on no shows

Best excuses from single males on no shows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ife2short OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

So your Missus looks smoking hot... you've sorted out the babysitting and pulled out all the stops... done all the confirmations backwards and forwards and your all prepped....just a quick last text to confirm....

Duhhhh...yeh right...OMG...never believe it....not happened before...yeh right...dughhh... me car window got smashed at work and can't get it fixed and ughhh like yeh but yeh like can't drive like for an hour like with a smashed window can I duhhh.

Best single bloke excuses on a post card please!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

I had one once stand me up saying as he was driving to meet me he went over a pot hole and his tyre burst no problem I wait he messages again to say it had caused more damage than just the tyre so couldn't meet me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

being asked to go into work. Car wont start.wife wants car so cant get over.to cold/wet to go to the woods.mates turned up.mother turned up.cant get out now as mrs is home and will wonder where am going. All excuses that i have been told and dont believe.

Playing golf with the mates instead.

By *eatherJerryCouple  over a year ago

local

How about no excuse doesn’t turn up or turns up but doesn’t acknowledge you are but you know it’s him haha

Cheltenham

Spare cocks wonder why they get a bad press...maybe a group of them make a bunch of pricks!

By *itty HoneytunnelWoman  over a year ago

ggow

He crashed his car en route to me !

Called me before anyone else straight away - me practically a stranger , sends pics of car (don't match weather conditions of that day ) and later when I msg to see he's ok and send me a pic of injuries says his phone is broke and can't ...... eh but you could send me pics of crash ?

May be wrong but instinct just tells you

Cheltenham

Ok- so starting to cook on this post- now lets wait for the defence to line up -" we're not all like that - let me prove it to ya love- honest- but I'll go halves with ya on the Travelodge?"

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

I had one in e many years ago when chams had a chat room.....I arranged to meet him at chams in Birmingham j had to drive from watford 2 hours away.....I arrived and guess what!!!!! He didn't turn up so a 2 hour drive back wtf.....the chat room blocked him all the chaps were on my side then be text me to say please unblock me lol....yeh right!!!!!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

A local guy, gave him my postcode and a time, he didn’t turn up, so I had a photo session instead. He later said he didn’t think I was serious by that time I’d taken off all my makeup etc..then he asked if I could meet quickly that night ...my reply F..Off

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

Slighly off topic but G and I had arranged to meet a couple one afternoon. Two days before the event G (my wife) got a message from work to say that she was wanted as her opposite number had gone down sick.

We explained to the couple we were due to meet and they asked if I could go on my own all the same. G had no problems with that as it was to be a fact finding mission. Off I set on the afternoon as arranged.

They gave me rough directions to the house and I was to phone when I got to the village where they lived and they would guide me in. No problems with that. I arrived on the outskirts of the village and phoned as arranged only to be told in one short sentence that they had changed their mind and at that the phone was immediately cut off. So three hours of my life wasted.

They then blocked us on this site

G&A

By *ungmidsguyMan  over a year ago

brackley

Perhaps not all single blokes make excuses - couples come out with the classics too, so perhaps the thread should be All Excuses

Flat tyre when setting off for meet, then blocked us

So logged on to old single profile & guess what, said guy had a new veri for the night he had a flat tyre

By *ilverminxWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

His ex turned up while I was 10min away and then he suddenly lost the ability to message. Irony? He messaged me on a different site, not realising it was me and gave me the “I’m sorry”. Yeah, whatever.

One guy messaged to say he was on his way to meet me and then went offline for 2 days. Popped up 2 days later like nothing had happened. Saying "you ok?"

I replied with "changed your mind the other night then?"

His excuse being that he didn't feel comfortable meeting up as he hadn't had his hair cut.

He keeps popping up asking to meet again but I think I'll pass lol

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Got ran over by a van, ,

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

These were both for socials, so not too much lost, but one wasted a lunch break and the other I’d driven a fair way for. One guy “got called into work and forgot” - we’d only arranged it the night before. The other one “fell asleep”.

Best excuse I've had is 'my nan got locked out of her back door'

Funnily enough he received a veri from someone else for the same night. So must of found someone else can't say I was bothered though in the end, as found out he wasn't single after all and playing away. Swerved that one big time!!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

He found it hard to accept himself as being submissive and therefore chickened out of meeting me.

Huh?

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Ok- so starting to cook on this post- now lets wait for the defence to line up -" we're not all like that - let me prove it to ya love- honest- but I'll go halves with ya on the Travelodge?""

How about the single female who was keen as mustard to meet me last week, messaged back and forth in here, then moved on to kik. I had Friday and Saturday nights booked in a hotel, it was looking like a great weekend with overnights too! Then on Wednesday......she goes quiet Ghostly quiet.....doesn’t answer my messages, yet pops in and out of here. Sunday afternoon comes and she messages in kik to say “Sorry, I’ve had a bad week, no internet!” Yeah right......

In the nine or whatever years I’ve been in Fab (and the other sites I use), I’ve never let anyone down for a meet. A pity I can’t say the same for couples and single females. Don’t tar us all with the same brush

By *atBottomGirlsWoman  over a year ago

St Austell-ish

Then there's the guy who says, "My earlier meet today went longer than I expected it to (by 6 hours, by the time he contacted me), are you free tomorrow?"

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I got called into work

I had to take my mum's cat to the vet

I didn't think you were serious

The worst was the one who arranged a meet, confirmed the night before and the next morning I went on to check the address as I couldn't remember it and he had completely disappeared! No message, nothing I asked a friend to do a name search on him but he had gone.

There could be a game in this, too. What's the most ridiculous excuse a man can come up with not to meet at last minute?

"As I was driving over to you, I suddenly found God. As such, I realise it's now morally wrong to meet you. I'm off to a monastery to spend the rest of my life atoning for my sins."

My cock dropped off.

Not me honest luck be a fine thing

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

first guy i really got talking to during lockdown i had built up quite a lot of trust for.

He was really good looking and right up Babygirls street and I felt comfortable enough to invite him over after lockdown.

He went quiet for a week then replied with "sorry i lost your message"

Seemed a bit weird but gave him benefit of doubt. We dont get much free time but a few weeks later has another nifht free and asked him over again.

Same thing again, no response and then a week later claimed to ha e lost our message again.

Havent spoken to him since.

Another guy the other week we got as far as exchanging numbers and setting a date. I sent the address and and a time to come over and he never replied!

We had a good night anyway, took the pic of Babygirl chained to the door frame and sent it to him saying "you missed this"

We did however let another guy down, my fault. I arranged one of our fantasies, a road side fuck after a night out for dinner.

I had arranged it in secret but started dropping hints the night before which Babygirl picked up on

"You do know I'm due on so you better cancle anything you have arranged"

Messaged the guy and told him but dobt thibk he believed us and he never replied. Dont blame him really.

We have now decided on a social first, figuring if they are seriosu they will turn up and if not ita no big let down.

We are very very picky so limit our pool of guys and guess we have just got unlucky so far

We were in the pub waiting on a couple.. She's running late because she can't decide what to wear. Then an hour later, she's spilt nail polish on her dress... Unlos the next day.

"Best excuse I've had is 'my nan got locked out of her back door'

Funnily enough he received a veri from someone else for the same night. So must of found someone else can't say I was bothered though in the end, as found out he wasn't single after all and playing away. Swerved that one big time!! "

Poor Nan

By *s Daisy MillerWoman  over a year ago

Room 101

He decided on route after looking at my pictures i was to tall and skinny. I politely pointed out that i are short and fat. He responded with " yeah, that to ". I got tipsy and had a burger king! Icing and lining's.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Sometimes stuff does come up last minute...that's life...it's the way you style it out that counts.

Also if someone goes quiet before a meet then I'd take that as the meet being off and message them same.

After a while you get a feel for the genuine ones.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Car broken / crashed are definitely the most common ones. Closely followed by a death in the family.

Wish they'd get more creative with the lame excuses. Since I don't believe any of them anyway, they might just as well tell me about an alien abduction or something else more interesting than the broken car x

By *ont you just loveCouple  over a year ago

Banbury

We arranged to meet a guy in a pub out in the country, he didn't turn up, messaged him the next day and his reply was "you didn't ask me if I could drive". He agreed to meet us there as it was between where we both lived.

By *ornycplnorfolkMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I’m a single bloke.

I just don’t get why people go through all that effort just to be a no show!!!

What’s the point?

Then it just buggers it up for the genuine amongst us.

Don’t get it

By *ass and kinkWoman  over a year ago

kinxville

"There could be a game in this, too. What's the most ridiculous excuse a man can come up with not to meet at last minute?

"As I was driving over to you, I suddenly found God. As such, I realise it's now morally wrong to meet you. I'm off to a monastery to spend the rest of my life atoning for my sins.""

Just commenting here to see if I can pick up some new excuses

Just kidding but it is interesting

2 friends of mine on here got the same ‘no show’ excuse from a guy regarding his car, almost word for word. I then got a message from him asking to meet so told him I needed someone with a more reliable car....

Dog sitting

Car is blocked in by someone

In America currently

Got called into work...

From two separate guys in the same gangbang!

Nevermind, went on who's near and the gf ended up being fucked by a workman from the hotel!

Apparently he was claiming he had to drive all the way out to this castle to test his eyesight, then drive another 60 miles to drop off his wife and kid.

Apparently he was some big shot who didn't want to get caught being bummed by a bunch of guys...

... no idea what happened to him

By *nique_GymMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I have to say this thread has really made me chuckle! I don’t mean that in a horrible was, I fully understand the excitement people feel, getting themselves ready only to be let down! But some of the excuses are brilliant and my favourite was the lady who got a Burger King after he didn’t show up lol!

Penrith

"Apparently he was claiming he had to drive all the way out to this castle to test his eyesight, then drive another 60 miles to drop off his wife and kid.

Apparently he was some big shot who didn't want to get caught being bummed by a bunch of guys...

... no idea what happened to him"

He finally got bummed by a load of guys, and enjoyed the experience so much, he changed his surname to remember it

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Probably ours was "its raining, waiting to see if it stops before setting off" i can only assume he had an open top car!!!!!! lol

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Ok- so starting to cook on this post- now lets wait for the defence to line up -" we're not all like that - let me prove it to ya love- honest- but I'll go halves with ya on the Travelodge?"

How about the single female who was keen as mustard to meet me last week, messaged back and forth in here, then moved on to kik. I had Friday and Saturday nights booked in a hotel, it was looking like a great weekend with overnights too! Then on Wednesday......she goes quiet Ghostly quiet.....doesn’t answer my messages, yet pops in and out of here. Sunday afternoon comes and she messages in kik to say “Sorry, I’ve had a bad week, no internet!” Yeah right......

In the nine or whatever years I’ve been in Fab (and the other sites I use), I’ve never let anyone down for a meet. A pity I can’t say the same for couples and single females. Don’t tar us all with the same brush "

The ghosting sounds very familiar.

Last excuse I had was wife’s gone to bed with a migraine. Lol.

Wakefield

"He decided on route after looking at my pictures i was to tall and skinny. I politely pointed out that i are short and fat. He responded with " yeah, that to ". I got tipsy and had a burger king! Icing and lining's. "

Love it.

We invited a guy one evening. He turned up, was quite nice looking and when he got the equipment out it was good size etc.

Anyway his phone rang. He looked at it but cancelled it. He quickly pulled his pants on and trousers up and explained he'd left a bottle of wine in the car. Mrs N and I looked at each other. " you're not going to do a runner are you ?" I asked. We've got plenty of wine.

Of course we knew he was going to do a runner. He drove off quickly and disappeared into the night.

Anyway about half an hour later. ping......... text from our new friend. It was my dad, He's ill in Hospital and I had to go and check on him. Can I come back round ?

Ermmmmmmmmm nope. We still laugh about this to this day. We think the call was from his mrs asking him where he was.

Oh gosh so many over the years!

-Car broken.

-Nan/Grandad/Parent suddenly ill/dead.

-Female half has period.

-Sudden family member turned up. Then had a veri for the same day.

-Too tired from work (an hour b4 they were meant to come round to us)

-Meant to meet at a club. Didn't see them all night. Claimed were there.

-Male half out for a run just b4 meet and he fell in a hole and broke his arm.

This is a mixture of couples and single males and females.

Socials first are the way to go

Posted about this before .....

Met a guy on here a couple of times socially and then arranged for him to come to mine one night.

30 mins before he was due to arrive I get a text ' I can't come now because my dad hasn't gone out and will ask where I'm going'

The guy was 45 years old

Another more recent, but similar. The guy couldn't come to a social we had arranged because if he told his brother he was going out, he would want to come too

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

He had forgotten to walk his dog and the dog would KNOW so he needed to do that now instead.

By *heltonianMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

The moral here is don't tell your insurers you are on Fab Swingers.... your car insurance premiums will rocket!!

I’m very disappointed in the fab community....

Where is the compassion for these grieving single men who have lost a pet or close family members?

All some people can think of is..... jeez , I didn’t get to have sex today.....

Its not just guys that do this the standard last miniute excuse from females on fab is I'm suddenly on my period lol

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

We meet single guys and there are some very genuine guys on here, but we have been let down quite a few times so now we arrange to meet guys in clubs (when in normal times) so when they don’t turn up our night is not ruined

Now all we have to do is work out how to get guys to read all our profile lol

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS  over a year ago

Huddersfield

What's wrong with these idiots, it would be easier to fly to the moon than get a good meet on here, so rare!!!

"Its not just guys that do this the standard last miniute excuse from females on fab is I'm suddenly on my period lol"

We've had to cancel last minute a couple of times because of this very reason and it's not been bullshit. Not all of us are blessed with regular as clockwork menstrual cycles.

"Its not just guys that do this the standard last miniute excuse from females on fab is I'm suddenly on my period lol

We've had to cancel last minute a couple of times because of this very reason and it's not been bullshit. Not all of us are blessed with regular as clockwork menstrual cycles."

which is why I don't get annoyed and just politely say "ok that's fine hope we can rearrange something in the future" it's amazing how many profiles disappear tho.

Penrith

"Its not just guys that do this the standard last miniute excuse from females on fab is I'm suddenly on my period lol"

One of my friends once said “I got my period this afternoon, but don’t worry, I can work around it” We still met and had a great night

Yorkshire

"Its not just guys that do this the standard last miniute excuse from females on fab is I'm suddenly on my period lol

One of my friends once said “I got my period this afternoon, but don’t worry, I can work around it” We still met and had a great night "

I was thinking this exactly x

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

This actually did happen to me recently before a arranged meet, not expected either. I let the guy know, he said come over anyway and then wasn't happy when we couldn't have sex. He got a bj, I got a quick boob grope and then I went home. I paid for the taxis, and my lunch, I guess a free bottle of wine while waiting 3 hours is acceptable? Females cannot control Mother Nature

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Well reading this thread has made me laugh with some of the excuses us single guys have come up with.This is not a excuse but a fact I was contacted by a couple to see if I would be interested in attending a meet on a certain night I checked the date and realised I wouldn’t be able to attend when they pressed me for a reason I told them the truth that Man Utd were playing and I wouldn’t be able to attend.They couldn’t believe what I was saying but thanked me for my honesty.

By *onsey83Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We've had to cancel last minute a couple of times because of this very reason and it's not been bullshit. Not all of us are blessed with regular as clockwork menstrual cycles."

I’m so pleased you said this, if only we all were that lucky. I nearly had to cancel my last meet.

I have now downloaded an app to help avoid this

We've had to cancel last minute a couple of times because of this very reason and it's not been bullshit. Not all of us are blessed with regular as clockwork menstrual cycles.

I’m so pleased you said this, if only we all were that lucky. I nearly had to cancel my last meet.

I have now downloaded an app to help avoid this "

I can't even do that...mine have a mind of their own. The joys of being perimenopausal!

Lol...so what if they are past the period stage? What excuse then?..

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Spare cocks wonder why they get a bad press...maybe a group of them make a bunch of pricks!"
not a nice comment.

Yorkshire

"Spare cocks wonder why they get a bad press...maybe a group of them make a bunch of pricks! not a nice comment. "

I never even saw this ‘spare cocks’? Are there also ‘spare vagina’s’??

By *onsey83Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have now downloaded an app to help avoid this

I can't even do that...mine have a mind of their own. The joys of being perimenopausal!"

It’s not fun, roll on the days when we no longer have them

By *ue and robCouple  over a year ago

ware

Sorry cant come tonight i forgot i was decorating the hall

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Spare cocks wonder why they get a bad press...maybe a group of them make a bunch of pricks! not a nice comment.

I never even saw this ‘spare cocks’? Are there also ‘spare vagina’s’??"

presumably, in the interests of equality.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Perhaps not all single blokes make excuses - couples come out with the classics too, so perhaps the thread should be All Excuses"

"Spare cocks wonder why they get a bad press...maybe a group of them make a bunch of pricks! not a nice comment. "

Maybe it's the thought that they're just a commodity that causes them to have second thoughts

"I’m a single bloke.

What’s the point?

Don’t get it"

I think I get it because the first time I met someone I felt like backing out because I felt so nervous about meeting her. It was the thought of her not liking me which made me feel like calling it all off.. But I thought to myself if I can't go through with this then what kind of man am I.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Spare cocks wonder why they get a bad press...maybe a group of them make a bunch of pricks! not a nice comment.

Maybe it's the thought that they're just a commodity that causes them to have second thoughts "

Totally agree with this. No one should be made to feel like this.

This actually happened to us the same family member passed away twice in 3 weeks

Lots of "great excuses" here.

I had one also saying I'm having my period.

Problem was, it was from a bloke.

"Lots of "great excuses" here.

I had one also saying I'm having my period.

Problem was, it was from a bloke.

"

Men have periods too. Or so I've been told.

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

Lots of people in this thread saying they had arranged meets during lockdown..and blatantly not for socials of over nights for the weekend booked !

Penrith

One of my friends once said “I got my period this afternoon, but don’t worry, I can work around it” We still met and had a great night

I was thinking this exactly x"

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"I had one once stand me up saying as he was driving to meet me he went over a pot hole and his tyre burst no problem I wait he messages again to say it had caused more damage than just the tyre so couldn't meet me. "

I did this on my car when I went over a pothole and got a flat tyre and yes it actually did cause more damage it effected my steering can't remember what it broke lol somit that attached to wheel i think something arm ? Lol

How about this?

"I was abducted by aliens. They probed me something rotten. I can walk again now without limping, though. So if you fancy it, we can arrange another meet. But no anal. No anal!"

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

His 5 grown up kids who were living all in different locations of the UK turned up to his flat unannounced! He had forgot that on our first date he told me his kids hated him and he never sees them!

"His 5 grown up kids who were living all in different locations of the UK turned up to his flat unannounced! He had forgot that on our first date he told me his kids hated him and he never sees them! "

Ha ha

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've had a few. Pet problems used to figure highly, cats, dogs sick, needing vets. Cat, hamster, gerbils deaths. Goldfish illness.

Assorted family illnesses and deaths

Stopped by the police on the way. Accidents on the way. Took the wrong road. Traffic congestion.

Next door neighbour murdered, helping the police out as he was the last person to see neighbour, who he was really close to.

Maybe he murdered the neighbour

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"2 friends of mine on here got the same ‘no show’ excuse from a guy regarding his car, almost word for word. I then got a message from him asking to meet so told him I needed someone with a more reliable car...."

Well done

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

"How about this?

"I was abducted by aliens. They probed me something rotten. I can walk again now without limping, though. So if you fancy it, we can arrange another meet. But no anal. No anal!""

"His excuse being that he didn't feel comfortable meeting up as he hadn't had his hair cut. "

This is a corker of an excuse

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"How about this?

"I was abducted by aliens. They probed me something rotten. I can walk again now without limping, though. So if you fancy it, we can arrange another meet. But no anal. No anal!"

"

Aliens ! My goodness.

By *ou Shell and DamianWoman  over a year ago

walsall

[Removed by poster at 28/09/20 13:20:25]

By *ou Shell and DamianWoman  over a year ago

walsall

I had a meet arranged with a guy and got stood up on the day cause he’d had a motor bike accident the night before our meet he disappeared off here for 2 days! Then I stupidly agreed to give him another chance and again got stood up on the night his excuse this time was his crazy last fuck buddy had messaged his misses and arranged a fake meet pretending to be a guy and turned up and went crazy so the police had to be called! Again he disappeared off here for 2 days and completely vanished off kik!! So he gave me 24 hours in a and e and the bill xxx

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

One poor guy told us that he was now in Glasgow, having been sent to do some emergency repairs there. (Not sure why he could not have told us earlier.)

Apparently, either his location services or mine weren't working, because Fab told us he was 2 miles away!

One guy claimed he stopped for petrol on the way to meet me, dropped his phone and it broke so he then couldn't message me. I did question why a broken screen stops you turning up, but he blockede without a reply.

Yup, happened to us. . Been messaging for months after rescheduling, organised the hotel n everything and the morning of the meet we get ghosted and blocked. No explanation!!!!

Odd as this person was someone a previous meet had said was great, reliable etc.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I always use, your wife is extremely hot and I've blown my load and won't be any good for at least the next 20mins.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

It just amazes me that people can be such idiots. Why book a meet if you have no intention of turning up.

Myself you see someone you fancy they want to have sex why would you ever not go.

I had a hysterectomy 2 years back. With ovaries left in.

It's not possible too have a period yet my body somehow thinks it still does. Add that to having bladder sensitivity that causes pain, lichen sclerosus and chronic fatigue. Sometimes mean I need too cancel if in too much pain.

By *elena66TV/TS  over a year ago

TUNBRIDGEWELLS

Crashed car 30 miles away from meet in wrong direction from where they live.

And its happened 3 times no shows crash cars on way must be thought of actually managed to get a meeting

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Arranged to meet a couple on a Saturday night, on a Wednesday. Few messages Thursday, none on the Friday, nothing on the Saturday until an hour before I would have been due to leave. I'd already assumed it wasn't happening, messaged to say as I hadn't heard from them I wouldn't be turning up. A few minutes later, I got a reply. Just noticed on your profile you are only a social drinker.

Meant I had to drink the bottle of vodka that they said they liked by myself. Not all at once, obviously!

I arranged to meet a single for a social so that he could have a verification (pre covid) and he backed out an hour before I was leaving to meet him because he'd decided to go out with his work mates instead.

Which is fine, but at least tell me the night before.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

"I arranged to meet a single for a social so that he could have a verification (pre covid) and he backed out an hour before I was leaving to meet him because he'd decided to go out with his work mates instead.

Which is fine, but at least tell me the night before. "

He must be crackers to have met his mates instead of you

As a single bloke it’s as rare as rocking horse sh*t to get a meet on here so certainly wouldn’t make any excuses!

By *ucker4it69Man  over a year ago

york

Ok which travelodge ? ????????

I have never let anyone down nor would I ever. I say I will meet and I do. Why go to all the trouble of chatting and mailing, arranging and then Pfff disappear, it's just wrong and extremely Rude

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

Variation on the tyre theme:

Arranged to meet for a coffee social in Lichfield and she didn't show up. Gave up after messaging for an hour. Returned to my car to discover itvhsd a flat tyre. Went to change the wheel only to discover that the Jack hadn't been replaced when I had the spare replaced recently. Spentvages trying to find someone in the car park who would lend me a jack.

Great way to spend a day off...

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

"Variation on the tyre theme:

Arranged to meet for a coffee social in Lichfield and she didn't show up. Gave up after messaging for an hour. Returned to my car to discover itvhsd a flat tyre. Went to change the wheel only to discover that the Jack hadn't been replaced when I had the spare replaced recently. Spentvages trying to find someone in the car park who would lend me a jack.

Great way to spend a day off..."

She messaged a week later to say she was ill. Then left the site...

Same can be said for cpls and fems

Real like problems do happen - and I find as long as you give as much notice to the other people I think that’s all you can do

People who just don’t turn up are just total assholes in my book

By *ickDastardlyMan  over a year ago

North East

I've had to cancel on rare occasions.

Do I want to let people down? No, and I feel awful about it but it cannot be helped.

If I cancel, when I've done three times, I always provide a reason. I prefer to be honest, if someone isn't able to accept it then I guess thats only fair.

I've only cancelled because of work and a family emergency.

I wouldn't cancel unless it was... unavoidable.

By *urygent1Man  over a year ago

North West

First couple I met was in Birmingham so a good drive down. Arranged to meet in a bar to see if we clicked. It was the first for us three so all absolutely scared stiff. Which helped as it break the ice and we had a fantastic night.

They even invited me back for my birthday the following month.

Anyway the next meet arranged with someone didn't take place as I genuinely had a family issue but I at least sent a message cancelling the day before. They still took the hump and didn't believe me and I'm sure that the vast majority on this site always put their family first.

"I arranged to meet a single for a social so that he could have a verification (pre covid) and he backed out an hour before I was leaving to meet him because he'd decided to go out with his work mates instead.

Which is fine, but at least tell me the night before. "

His loss -

By *kyhighstilettoCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Sudden family deaths or illnesses. That’s a good one. What can you say to that, really? I guess that’s why it’s popular

It’s not beyond the realms of extreme possibility that it might be true.

This got used on us last year, pre- COVID. He then popped up again a while later, asking if we were meeting. No, we’re not

Wakefield

"We invited a guy one evening. He turned up, was quite nice looking and when he got the equipment out it was good size etc.

Anyway his phone rang. He looked at it but cancelled it. He quickly pulled his pants on and trousers up and explained he'd left a bottle of wine in the car. Mrs N and I looked at each other. " you're not going to do a runner are you ?" I asked. We've got plenty of wine.

Of course we knew he was going to do a runner. He drove off quickly and disappeared into the night.

Anyway about half an hour later. ping......... text from our new friend. It was my dad, He's ill in Hospital and I had to go and check on him. Can I come back round ?

Ermmmmmmmmm nope. We still laugh about this to this day. We think the call was from his mrs asking him where he was."

Brilliant!

By *ickDastardlyMan  over a year ago

North East

[Removed by poster at 25/10/20 16:15:58]

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The best excuse for cancelling a meet was from me.

Landed in hospital. Would have been my first meet.

Brand new single female account. A likely story!

Fortunately he believed me. Anyone who didn't abuse me got a hospital selfie

Manchester (she/her)

#notallmen

#notjustmen

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Global pandemic from a hot woman

As if I was going to believe that !

Manchester (she/her)

"Global pandemic from a hot woman

As if I was going to believe that ! "

By *un and Frolics 1Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

[Removed by poster at 25/10/20 16:39:05]

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Single female was to join us for a meal and drinks then up to our hotel. Messaging to and fro all day, then suddenly she gets a migrain. We arrive at restaurant, she messages to say she's ok now but running late.

Two drinks in still no sign of her so we order starters, now she's saying her daughter wont settle. By this time we had enough and told her not to bother, then we got a ton of begging messages to let her join us.

I can’t even get a convo out of any females let alone have a chance of standing them up

By *un and Frolics 1Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

We had one who told us he had cut his balls shaving and wouldn't stop bleeding, ok can you make it tomorrow "Yes" and he never turned up, why can't people just be honest if they change their minds.

By *onty1971Man  over a year ago

London St Helier Trier

"2 friends of mine on here got the same ‘no show’ excuse from a guy regarding his car, almost word for word. I then got a message from him asking to meet so told him I needed someone with a more reliable car...."

Classic. I love it.

Couples are just as bad...

Arranged a meet at ours gave them the address etc swapped phone numbers "ok see you at 10.30"

12.00 still no show so we head off to bed.12.45 recieves a message

"Hey are we still ok to come around?" Safe to say they got told to faff off. later spotted a varification from someone else that night

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Sorry, got so nervous about attending the party went out this afternoon and got pissed.

Bless him.

My excuse, it wasn't a no show but a late show. I filled my diesel car with petrol on my way to the meet. I was only 2 hours late!

By *areback communityMan  over a year ago

Liverpool (mainly) Leicester bham and London

I've been organising meets for years for couples and girlfreind and we've heard every single excuse over the years but the amount of lies make it hard when real shit happens one couple we organised for last year rang last minute, room booked, 12 guys expected, the hubby's mum had passed that morning!

Had I not known them well it would have been very easy to put it down to an excuse lol

The other I was on way to a gangbang up north in Derbyshire and had a genuine smash on the m1 on route when I rang the couple they didn't beleive me.

Luck of the draw mind

By *nooshWoman  over a year ago

leeds

"One guy messaged to say he was on his way to meet me and then went offline for 2 days. Popped up 2 days later like nothing had happened. Saying "you ok?"

His excuse being that he didn't feel comfortable meeting up as he hadn't had his hair cut.

He keeps popping up asking to meet again but I think I'll pass lol"

I've had that exact scenario happen. Wonder if it was the same guy

"One guy messaged to say he was on his way to meet me and then went offline for 2 days. Popped up 2 days later like nothing had happened. Saying "you ok?"

I've had that exact scenario happen. Wonder if it was the same guy "

No way! Lol. It may well be.

Had another guy (who I'd met before), message to say he was on his way. Never showed. His excuse being he was running a few minutes late as he had to get petrol. So decided to just leave it as he didn't want to annoy me .

The ones who let you down and then pop up begging for second chances absolutely baffle me x

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

Us waiting nude on the beach at a pre-arranged place, other couple bump into another couple we know and they tell them we 'usually go to a different spot', so they go to the 'other place' rather than where we said we'd be!

Some folk are beyond help!

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Why can’t people just be honest and say they ha e changed their mind or just can’t be arsed

The excuses are pathetic and we e heard them all

Never heard a good one yet

This is why we don’t meet much any more as it’s hard to trust people

Xxxx

Think this topic came up a few years ago..i remember the best excuse was a guy who messaged a couple saying he couldnt make it as a wall in his house suddenly caved in

"I had one once stand me up saying as he was driving to meet me he went over a pot hole and his tyre burst no problem I wait he messages again to say it had caused more damage than just the tyre so couldn't meet me. "
that actually happened when i was on a meet with a guy. He's tyre had blown up when he too had driven over a pot hole at a dogging spot. He coudnt fix it so rang the AA. While waiting a guy stopped in he's car and offered to help. He changed the tyre, and my meet then cancelled the AA.however the guy who changed the tyre was on fab and recognised me.he then asked my meet if it was me. my meet said yes, and we ended up having fun that night where he changed the tyre.

"Spare cocks wonder why they get a bad press...maybe a group of them make a bunch of pricks!"

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Only ever 'no showed' once.

At a club, both without glasses. Didn't actually recognise the other couple we'd arranged to meet were also in the pool with us (it was a big pool)!

Met them the next week with glasses and less optically challenged and they're some of our best mates 6 years later.

By *areback communityMan  over a year ago

Liverpool (mainly) Leicester bham and London

"Why can’t people just be honest and say they ha e changed their mind or just can’t be arsed

The excuses are pathetic and we e heard them all

Never heard a good one yet

This is why we don’t meet much any more as it’s hard to trust people

Xxxx"

Couldn't agree more! Mind you we've found so many are fantasist in the first place

All these people lying their assess off in order to NOT get to a meet...while 99.9% of guys here (me included) struggle to even get a reply.

By *reenman19Man  over a year ago

.....no......

To be fair I was knocked off my bike on a way to a meet, but that's why is a good idea to meet people for a social first. Not defending chaps that no show, but now and again it can be genuine.

I found Jesus and am attending Bible school next Sunday.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

We would much prefer a "I chickened out" to some of the excuses we get!

"Variation on the tyre theme:

Great way to spend a day off..."

Had this happen to us, he got a puncture in Ullapool and didn't have the key for the bolts holding the tyre on. He soldiered on dumped the car and got the ferry as a foot passenger, we had a great weekend and he had a bad Monday sorting his car but at least he had good memories and we still meet him from time to time.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I actually have had a car crash on a way to a meet

Still met the lady and played just was a bit late

Tbh the only time I have cancelled is I had an eye infection that came up, we did meet another time and I was once caught up at work when shit hit the fan and I had to stay to sort out

This guy I'd met once before told me at the very last minute of what would have been our 2nd meet that he had to turn back as his mother had had a fall. I went along with it but then noticed he was still active on fab the rest of the night. 2 days later I noticed my last 2 messages to him had gone unread even though he'd been active. Something not right here! He knew I'd spent an hour getting ready for him but he was still active on fab and no offer to make it up to me? He was even dumb enough to put suggestive status updates so I knew 100% he was lying about 'the fall'. He'd basically got a better offer last minute.

2 months later he asked to meet again, I let him drive 20 miles here, gave all the sexy talk build up etc got him all excited and when he messaged to say he was outside my house, I replied 'revenge is a dish best serve cold' then blocked him.

"Playing golf with the mates instead. "

Now that is just an insult

By *oxyVikingCouple  over a year ago

East Anglia

Messaged a bloke for a while. Set to meet at 7pm. He messaged at 6 pm to say how excited he was, but didn’t turn up at 7. I messaged to see where he was and at 8.30 I got a message to say -sorry, fell asleep. clearly not that excited....

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

Why just single men? Should women with bs excuses be absolved for some reason?

"Why just single men? Should women with bs excuses be absolved for some reason? "

By *ilver FoxMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've been on the scene over 20 years and have only once not turned up for a meet. On that occasion I was in a traffic jam on the other side of the river from her and just couldn't get there on time. We were in constant contact by phone (hands free in my case) and fair do's, she waited and waited until she could wait no longer. I was gutted but I didn't blame her for leaving; she waited far longer than I could reasonably expect as it was.

"Messaged a bloke for a while. Set to meet at 7pm. He messaged at 6 pm to say how excited he was, but didn’t turn up at 7. I messaged to see where he was and at 8.30 I got a message to say -sorry, fell asleep. clearly not that excited.... "

I’m sorry , you owe me a keyboard.....

Who falls asleep at 6pm?

Solihull

PMT...

.... Pre match tension when my team is playing

By *oxyVikingCouple  over a year ago

East Anglia

I know.... especially when guaranteed sex is on offer

By *luemoonXXXWoman  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Got tonsillitis an hour before he was supposed to turn up,on his way to hospital as it was soooooo bad.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Be grateful for getting a message of any form. We quite often don't get that, just end up sat in pub or hotel waiting. Thankfully hubby always makes up for it

By *ecret_gentMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

I always turn up

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Got tonsillitis an hour before he was supposed to turn up,on his way to hospital as it was soooooo bad."

I actually have been hospitalised with tonsillitis, and believe me I was feeling much too ill for days before to have even thought about a meet, I either wouldn’t have arranged it or would have canceled much earlier.

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman  over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"Ok- so starting to cook on this post- now lets wait for the defence to line up -" we're not all like that - let me prove it to ya love- honest- but I'll go halves with ya on the Travelodge?"

In the nine or whatever years I’ve been in Fab (and the other sites I use), I’ve never let anyone down for a meet. A pity I can’t say the same for couples and single females. Don’t tar us all with the same brush "

Maybe she got cold feet knowing it's illegal to meet right now?.

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

"Why just single men? Should women with bs excuses be absolved for some reason? "

Start your own thread?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

This actually happened to me.

Last January working about 120 km from home and booked into hotel.Meeting for a drink or dinner in pub a 20 min drive from hotel and set off in the car

Since i was a bit early I went into an car showroom to look at a new car as I was in the market for one.

While sitting in my car afterwards still at the car showroom I had to take some work calls.

After I was finished I went to drive to the meet to realise that I'd been locked into the Carpark by the staff who didnt see me sitting in my car.

Had to ring the cops to get the keyholder back and that took 2 hours

Then I'd to ring her with my stupid story

I took a video to prove that I wasn't lying to her and we finally got to meet 9 momths later

Penrith

In the nine or whatever years I’ve been in Fab (and the other sites I use), I’ve never let anyone down for a meet. A pity I can’t say the same for couples and single females. Don’t tar us all with the same brush

Maybe she got cold feet knowing it's illegal to meet right now?. "

I guess we’ll never know.....

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

I once had a couple 'no show' - fuckinell imagine that? A couple? And you thought they were all perfect. Well guess what?...

This one time right, we did all the mailing, chatting, (check there's a fem) phone call, arranging, yeah all that.

I was smokin' hot too, Lynx an' everything. Shaved upstairs and down. The works! I was ON FIRE!

Anyways, we were messaging while I was on the way there and Oh No... family (sister) turned up out the blue. Then their phone went dead.

Well. Eeeh. Tsk. Never mind eh?

Funny though, they never contacted me ever again. Hey ho.

I have news for you single-guy-bashers: couples are far from perfect too. Now grow up.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"This actually happened to me.

Last January working about 120 km from home and booked into hotel.Meeting for a drink or dinner in pub a 20 min drive from hotel and set off in the car

Since i was a bit early I went into an car showroom to look at a new car as I was in the market for one.

While sitting in my car afterwards still at the car showroom I had to take some work calls.

After I was finished I went to drive to the meet to realise that I'd been locked into the Carpark by the staff who didnt see me sitting in my car.

Had to ring the cops to get the keyholder back and that took 2 hours

Then I'd to ring her with my stupid story

I took a video to prove that I wasn't lying to her and we finally got to meet 9 momths later "

Jeez...that was bad luck

By *ollingerWoman  over a year ago

Newbury

Got to help my son move...

It's raining...

Have to work...

Didn't know where to met...

Just plain pretend nothing is arranged...

There is a few lol...

By *chilles and RavenCouple  over a year ago

Guernsey

There are two that stick well in our minds....

First one we got to the blokes house and were waiting outside and we were waiting for ages like 30 mins, we were waiting and texting them and they an hour and a half later sent us a messages saying he got chatting to his d*unk neighbours. We were enjoying our evening by then.

Second, we got to the location of our meet and 10 mins later we got a message for the meet saying that they had decided that we were fake and that they were reporting us... We were like got for it..... They are on the block list now.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've had that exact scenario happen. Wonder if it was the same guy

No way! Lol. It may well be.

Had another guy (who I'd met before), message to say he was on his way. Never showed. His excuse being he was running a few minutes late as he had to get petrol. So decided to just leave it as he didn't want to annoy me .

The ones who let you down and then pop up begging for second chances absolutely baffle me x"

I don't give them a second chance. Did when I first started on here, but wised up quickly lol.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Why just single men? Should women with bs excuses be absolved for some reason?

"

Couples make bs excuses as well. Everyone is capable of it, not just single guys.

By *torm in a G cupWoman  over a year ago

Land of the Long White Cloud

I've not had a problem when I was meeting previously on another site.

I would chat with guys for a while before arrangong meets and get a good vibe. Never had a no show and only one disappointing meet.

I must have been lucky, or perhaps it is more of a problem when it is a couple meeting a guy - more pressure, more chance of them chickening out maybe.

Couples make bs excuses as well. Everyone is capable of it, not just single guys. "

Definitely

By *iglittleoneMan  over a year ago

B76 is home

Wish someone would give me a chance to meet

Penrith

Couples make bs excuses as well. Everyone is capable of it, not just single guys. "

Perhaps separate threads could be started?

"I've not had a problem when I was meeting previously on another site.

I would chat with guys for a while before arrangong meets and get a good vibe. Never had a no show and only one disappointing meet.

I must have been lucky, or perhaps it is more of a problem when it is a couple meeting a guy - more pressure, more chance of them chickening out maybe. "

I think it has something to do with people online eating with their eyes......By the time you have been chatting for months, exchanged a million pics and videos... for some people the thrill of meeting in person has gone.....

I usually try to keep chatting to a minimum of exchanging a few pics and have a video chat before a meet....

With a single female I’ll give her let’s say 5 -7 days to meet me...

With a couple it’s that day/night or 3 days max....

I do understand people need to feel safe... but I usually like to meet for a drink with potential for more.....

Solihull

[Removed by poster at 02/11/20 23:34:14]

Solihull

I'm ok now, I've had a wank

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's great to see one of the really positive uplifting forum threads instead of the sour, malicious, bitching drudgery types.

Good work OP.

I was having a social meet today

after his golf round

never turned up

and no message

hasn't been on line since yesterday but has been on local

football site

"I was having a social meet today

after his golf round

never turned up

and no message

hasn't been on line since yesterday but has been on local

football site

"

He must be a bloody fool to stand you up....

Definitely his loss....

I’m sending you hugs

"He decided on route after looking at my pictures i was to tall and skinny. I politely pointed out that i are short and fat. He responded with " yeah, that to ". I got tipsy and had a burger king! Icing and lining's. "

That's hilarious! X

I did a no show after I called them.. The guy answered and he sounded like an intense psychopath, I asked him to put the lady on and he barked 'talk!' to her! It sounded all wrong.

By *itsAndTangentsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Watching tenet at the cinema when they originally started messaging, nearly 4 hours later they were still at the cinema... apparently.

I know its supposed to be confusing film but did it take anyone else an hour and a half after it finished to comprehend it?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I had one who had a flat tyre. When I questioned him a couple of hours later his reply was "I'll be there shortly I'm just finishing changing the wheel now".

How long does it take to change a car wheel?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I’m a single bloke.

What’s the point?

Don’t get it"

Baffling isn't it?

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

Best one ever....

Got a better offer.

Cheers, least he let me know