FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > whitby goth weekend?

whitby goth weekend?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hi

anyone going to the whitby goth weekend this halloween. we are there fri/sat

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *iking.beardMan  over a year ago

leeds

I'm normally there Friday till Sunday having a wonder about

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We’ll be there Friday till Sunday. Can’t wait

I went in 95 and 96. Not been since!

Yeah we are there Friday till Monday.

By *ltcouple69Couple  over a year ago

South Wales

No, technically "Whitby Goth Weekend" was the music festival ran by the promoter, Top Mum. It lost the Spa venue a few years ago and is now pretty much run upstairs a pub. It still has a Alternative Market but its a shadow of its former self.

Besides, isn't a "Goth" weekend anymore. It's degenerated into a town where Northerners go on Samhain to dress up as "Goths" and get inebriated, while Joe Public goes up in coachloads to gawp at them.

Most of the old regulars go to Germany, where they do real Goth. It's kind of sad as Goth originated in the UK and has lost its original Goth festival thanks to Joe Public trying to "join in" like the local unwanted village d*unkard at the fair.

By *eekandHippyChickCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

We will be going this year, looking forward to it.

South Wales

"We will be going this year, looking forward to it."

I miss the town. Too busy now though and too few actual Goths. Got tired of the "oh love your costume" - it's not a costume, some of us have the guts to dress like this more then once a year!!!

Middlesbrough

"We will be going this year, looking forward to it.

I miss the town. Too busy now though and too few actual Goths. Got tired of the "oh love your costume" - it's not a costume, some of us have the guts to dress like this more then once a year!!!"

May not dress in the old ways anymore, still love the music. Still enjoy the atmosphere you get. It helps only living 1/2 hour away from Whitby. No it's not the same. Yet hey.

By *rafficvanMan  over a year ago

Middletown

What is it??

South Wales

"What is it?? "

You don't want to know, scary things. Nellie the Elephant, chasing people around the town naked for 3 days and then sacrafising them by throwing them into the sea. Less you know the better. Don't even mention the Knomes.

Middlesbrough

"What is it??

You don't want to know, scary things. Nellie the Elephant, chasing people around the town naked for 3 days and then sacrafising them by throwing them into the sea. Less you know the better. Don't even mention the Knomes."

Oh the knomes are fine. They only try and sacrifice you in the sea. It's the pixies you need to worry about. Lets not mention the purple people eater......

South Wales

"What is it??

You don't want to know, scary things. Nellie the Elephant, chasing people around the town naked for 3 days and then sacrafising them by throwing them into the sea. Less you know the better. Don't even mention the Knomes.

Oh the knomes are fine. They only try and sacrifice you in the sea. It's the pixies you need to worry about. Lets not mention the purple people eater......"

South Wales

"We will be going this year, looking forward to it.

I miss the town. Too busy now though and too few actual Goths. Got tired of the "oh love your costume" - it's not a costume, some of us have the guts to dress like this more then once a year!!!

May not dress in the old ways anymore, still love the music. Still enjoy the atmosphere you get. It helps only living 1/2 hour away from Whitby. No it's not the same. Yet hey."

I have not been in 6 years and I have heard some of the quaint shops that made it what it was have gone and have being replaced by rip off "Artisan" shops. Many B&Bs and Let's are full of the ilk who go for the Live, Love and Laugh decor.

If anything, it's turned into some shit version of Download without tents, some people's idea of a Goth band is a Guns and Roses cover band...

Never expected it would turn so shit.

By *affire_and_SteelCouple  over a year ago

North by North West

"What is it?? "

“I've never seen one before, no one has, but I'm guessing it's a white hole.”

S&S x

By *axtanMan  over a year ago

los Cristianos now

Gnomes!!

cant wait not long to go now

By *igoodnightCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

We will be there, still good fun

South Wales

"We will be there, still good fun "

So you all Goths too or the "everyone having fun in their costumes" brigade?

Darlington

By nature goths have got to be cynical end downbeats lol

North by North West

"By nature goths have got to be cynical end downbeats lol "

Most gothy-types we know a fun and love a party.

If you want real misery try a Coldplay or Morrissey gig

S&S x

South Wales

"By nature goths have got to be cynical end downbeats lol

Most gothy-types we know a fun and love a party.

If you want real misery try a Coldplay or Morrissey gig

S&S x"

Well more Goth then a Bon Jovi cover band, which is the type of shit your get in Whitby now.

Most Goths I knew (who were going to WGW from 1994 onwards) think its shit now. Joe Public playing being "Goth" for a few nights a year.

By *rbrightside44Man  over a year ago

north

It has definitely changed over the last 10 years

Popularity in a “normal” people circle. Not always a good thing

That said can still be good weekend.

But not going this year

South Wales

"It has definitely changed over the last 10 years

But not going this year "

I'd say more like 12. I think the arrival of the Steampunks brought it more attention, especially with people who like to moderately dress up but lack the courage to do this outside Whitby.

This then brought in more photographers, which in term brought more public, who then decided to "join in" and dress up themselves. Before you know it, the Goths who go for the music festival and clubs, can't either get/afford accommodation and its now way over priced for what should be an out of season holiday. This results in falling numbers of actual Goths.

You then end up of Joe Public, doing pub crawls in fancy dress, which is What Whitby "Goth" Weekend has become.

Yes Goths are bitter about it, they lost their only music festival in the UK.

By *utti Fruity BeautiesCouple  over a year ago

Percy Main

Is there a meet? Didn't realise there was a scene there. Intiguing

South Wales

"Is there a meet? Didn't realise there was a scene there. Intiguing"

Well if there is, it's unofficial. Whitby is supposedly a Goth Music Festival, not swinging. However it's debatable if it's even a Goth thing anymore.

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

We'll be there as per usual, like we have been every weekend for the last 15 years.

Yes, it's changed a bit since the original organiser lost the spa, but she ways manages to put on a good weekend with lots of fringe events, and we've always got loads of friends to catch up with in and out of the pubs..

We go from the Friday to Tuesday, there's always plenty of proper Goffs about still when the dress ups have gone home..

South Wales

"We'll be there as per usual, like we have been every weekend for the last 15 years.

Yes, it's changed a bit since the original organiser lost the spa, but she ways manages to put on a good weekend with lots of fringe events, and we've always got loads of friends to catch up with in and out of the pubs..

We go from the Friday to Tuesday, there's always plenty of proper Goffs about still when the dress ups have gone home.."

Been going 13 years and I think even then it was the start of its decline. Each year has just got worse. Not been in 6 years and was thinking of going back, then they lost the Spa. Plus a lot of the qwerky shops that made it what it was are turning into rip off "artisan".

The accommodation is now expensive on what was a cheap out of season holiday and the 2nd home types who put "Live, Love and Laugh" have taken over the accommodation. It's getting a bit too much like Cornwall.

When we first went, it felt a bit behind the times, which added to its charm. It's lost that now. If we go back, I suspect it be out of the Goth weekend.

i put this post up to see whos going. its turned into a moaning thread ffs

hull

"i put this post up to see whos going. its turned into a moaning thread ffs"

You'll always get that...lol.

Hopefully we'll bump into you when we're there..

South Wales

[Removed by poster at 08/10/21 23:42:33]

South Wales

"i put this post up to see whos going. its turned into a moaning thread ffs"

So are you bikers or Goths? If the former, imagine every biker rally you enjoy going to is turned to shit by chav boy racers.

WGW was the only Goth Festival in the UK, ruined by none Goths. Most of the people I know (people who organised clubs and went to the first Whitby) have the same view. The none Goths who think its a fun weekend with everyone in their costumes are generally part of the crowd who lead to its downfall.

Yes I moan, because I feel strongly about a scene that is a lifestyle, not simply "dressing up" in black once a year. Perhaps if you were a Goth you might understand that better.

Sorry but not all bikers go to rallys. That's called stereotyping. So no we don't go to rallye. We like going to goth/metal concerts and we are more about gothic/steam punk and having fun. Which you clearly have forgotten about.

South Wales

"Sorry but not all bikers go to rallys. That's called stereotyping. So no we don't go to rallye. We like going to goth/metal concerts and we are more about gothic/steam punk and having fun. Which you clearly have forgotten about.

"

Steampunk isn't Goth though is it. If you have ever been to a regular Goth club, you don't see Steampunk there but yet it's at Whitby?

It's Fantasy Sci-fi Cosplay with a few bands. People use it as another excuse to just dress up. If it hadn't of turned what was a Goth filled, inexpensive holiday into a packed expensive Circus, I would not have an issue.

If they want attention, they could easily have gone to York and had a huge audience and left the Goths to it at Whitby.

I went to Whitby for the bands, the clubs the stalls and to be left alone. Not surrounded by idiots who say thier inner self is Goth (for two days a year).

It used to be excellent fun, when it was Goths.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

What date is it?

South Wales

"What date is it? "

No offense but if you were a Goth you would know this.

Will be there Saturday, and probably Sunday too.

Wakefield

"What date is it?

No offense but if you were a Goth you would know this."

So you have to be a Goth to enjoy Goth weekend? My friends go and I often go to meet up with them. I don’t plan it. If I’m free I go.

Incidentally, if England made it to the World Cup final, how many people would actually know what date that was in advance (but they would all be watching).

South Wales

"What date is it?

No offense but if you were a Goth you would know this.

So you have to be a Goth to enjoy Goth weekend? My friends go and I often go to meet up with them. I don’t plan it. If I’m free I go.

Incidentally, if England made it to the World Cup final, how many people would actually know what date that was in advance (but they would all be watching). "

As I said, this is why its gone downhill in last decade. The number of non-Goths increases and the amount of Goths decreases.

We will be there at some point

"What date is it? "

As no one has seen fit to answer you in the barrage of moaning....

Its over the Halloween weekend at the end of the month.

We've been going for years and in that time it has evolved into much more of a "dress up" for the masses but the atmosphere is still excellent. Whilst its lost its roots in the true goth event it once was there's still the true die hards who wouldn't miss it!

Goth idealism and culture isnt just about the clothes and make up you wear anymore. In some instances like myself i couldn't wear what i'd like to in my job, that doesn't mean that I'm not goth inside it just means real life and age has taken over and i have to be seen in a responsible image. That doesn't mean when i jump in the car i dont have Souxie and the Banshee's on or scream on the drive home to New Rose by the Damned. Goth is an inner lifestyle choice i intend to continue.

See you all there!!!!

"What date is it?

We've been going for years and in that time it has evolved into much more of a "dress up" for the masses but the atmosphere is still excellent. Whilst its lost its roots in the true goth event it once was there's still the true die hards who wouldn't miss it!

Goth idealism and culture isnt just about the clothes and make up you wear anymore. In some instances like myself i couldn't wear what i'd like to in my job, that doesn't mean that I'm not goth inside it just means real life and age has taken over and i have to be seen in a responsible image. That doesn't mean when i jump in the car i dont have Souxie and the Banshee's on or scream on the drive home to New Rose by the Damned. Goth is an inner lifestyle choice i intend to continue.

See you all there!!!!

"

well said, it's a free country after all

Wakefield

"What date is it?

See you all there!!!!

"

Finally. It’s nice to know everyone is welcome.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Not sure. Still concerned about the levels of daylight to be honest

North by North West

"What date is it?

See you all there!!!!

"

"Not sure. Still concerned about the levels of daylight to be honest "

Just need to stay in the shadows and make people jump

North by North West

"hi

anyone going to the whitby goth weekend this halloween. we are there fri/sat"

We’re already here !

Caravan has been here a few weeks now. Had a mooch around Whitby today and if the weather is anything to go by, you’ll be needring your best black thermals, jumpers and party cardigans.

S&S x

Darlington

It normally just rains all weekend ,will be in the pier Friday night 8 ish

South Wales

"It normally just rains all weekend ,will be in the pier Friday night 8 ish "

That's why you have a 18th century wool cloak for!

South Wales

"What date is it?

See you all there!!!!

"

Halloween you mean Samhain (or more accurately, the Festival of Mongfind).

This is a bit of a contradiction, you say:

"it has evolved into much more of a "dress up" for the masses" and then

"Goth idealism and culture isnt just about the clothes and make up you wear anymore."

I wouldn't describe that as the masses that frequent Whitby though. I know its not just about clothing so much (it's certainly not costume or cosplay).

However I doubt many people know anything about Horace Walpole or the first Gothic novel the Castle of Otranto. Simply knowing who the Sisters of Mercy, or liking the Damned does not make you Goth.

I certainly didn't think much of the "Goths" who referred to my regular outfit as a fucking "costume" though.

How would you define an "attendee" of WGW? Traditionally it was holding a Spa Ticket or at least attending the Fringe advents.

Simply turning up to the town in costume on a pub crawl in some unorganised parade in costume isn't really "attending". Unfortunately, the official event organisers lost the Spa venue and then some of the long running clubs (Nostalgia) stopped running, which is why I don't go. I just avoided the fools in costume in old town Saturday/Sunday.

South Wales

"What date is it?

See you all there!!!!

Finally. It’s nice to know everyone is welcome. "

Exactly my point, if "everyone" goes, it ceases being "Goth". The only thing Goth about it now, is the name.

By *hatterbox 2Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

celtic couple you have a lot to say when you didnt start the thread its each to their own your negative comments are spoiling it for others if you dont like then dont spoil it for others

we are back after getting banned. for saying what i thought lol

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"What date is it?

See you all there!!!!

Finally. It’s nice to know everyone is welcome.

Exactly my point, if "everyone" goes, it ceases being "Goth". The only thing Goth about it now, is the name."

I couldn't agree more. Its gradually going off on a tangent now

hull

So, where are we all arranging to meet up then...????

Abby wharf is were we end up lol

hull

We'll be in there at some point, as well as the little A, black horse, endeavour, oh and Granby....lol..

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I went one year on my bike, not sure if the young goth i met was a real goth or someone dressed up or maybe she was even a vampire (her teeth were sharp enough and she drained me) but i spent a very interesting evening in the grave yard by the abbey church ! It was very late when i headed back across the moors !!!!

South Wales

"lucky they just borin fookers who nothing better to do than moan "

Least we are "Goths" and look much better then you old lot playing at it.

Yes I do moan about it, so do most people I know because it a scene we are on, not playing at it because Joe Public jumps on board. How many of you have even been to a Goth club outside Whitby?

Still moaning. By the way the phono in leeds and the warehouse in Leeds. Just stop spoiling peoples idea of enjoyment. If you don't like it don't go it's that simple. We think you have had more than your moan on this thread. If your like this in real life. God knows how you get any meets. Now move on and leave us to play at it as you say. End of

Wakefield

well said lucky ya always get one bet they not even going ffs so why ruin it for others

South Wales

"well said lucky ya always get one bet they not even going ffs so why ruin it for others"

You part time "Goths" ruined Whitby for the real Goths.

South Wales

"Still moaning. By the way the phono in leeds and the warehouse in Leeds. Just stop spoiling peoples idea of enjoyment. If you don't like it don't go it's that simple. We think you have had more than your moan on this thread. If your like this in real life. God knows how you get any meets. Now move on and leave us to play at it as you say. End of"

Well yea, the only Goth weekend we had is ruined and nothing else to go to. If you were as passionate about something you would. Bet you don't even wear a mask.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Still moaning. By the way the phono in leeds and the warehouse in Leeds. Just stop spoiling peoples idea of enjoyment. If you don't like it don't go it's that simple. We think you have had more than your moan on this thread. If your like this in real life. God knows how you get any meets. Now move on and leave us to play at it as you say. End of

Well yea, the only Goth weekend we had is ruined and nothing else to go to. If you were as passionate about something you would. Bet you don't even wear a mask."

Just a thought, if you are passionate why not arrange a goth weekend, your rules and build it up from there. To many people moan they have nothing but never prepared to take the bull by the horns and become organisers. Go for it we say

"Still moaning. By the way the phono in leeds and the warehouse in Leeds. Just stop spoiling peoples idea of enjoyment. If you don't like it don't go it's that simple. We think you have had more than your moan on this thread. If your like this in real life. God knows how you get any meets. Now move on and leave us to play at it as you say. End of

Well yea, the only Goth weekend we had is ruined and nothing else to go to. If you were as passionate about something you would. Bet you don't even wear a mask.

Just a thought, if you are passionate why not arrange a goth weekend, your rules and build it up from there. To many people moan they have nothing but never prepared to take the bull by the horns and become organisers. Go for it we say "

would you go to something they organise. moaning all the time. would be a right laugh that. yeah people will have masks on its fucking halloween.

Darlington

Glad to have you back

"we are back after getting banned. for saying what i thought lol"

Good to see you back guys.

At the end of the day we can go and have a good weekend. The moaners can sit at home and do what they want.

We'll be there Friday about 11ish. If anyone wants to meet up for a brew or something to eat, we'll be in the American diner for lunch so send us a pm.

hull

We've only been in the American diner once years ago, the service was that slow we walked out!!!! Our first port of call is the pie and mash shop, normally about 12 ish on the Friday, then a pint or 2 in black horse....

Middlesbrough

We will be out the Saturday night. Probably starting off in the Little A x

hull

We're always in little A on an evening, normally a big group of us occupying the corner near the door...lol..

Wakefield

Well after finally finding the date, I shall be there on the Saturday.

South Wales

Just a thought, if you are passionate why not arrange a goth weekend, your rules and build it up from there. To many people moan they have nothing but never prepared to take the bull by the horns and become organisers. Go for it we say

would you go to something they organise. moaning all the time. would be a right laugh that. yeah people will have masks on its fucking halloween."

I mean masks for covid. I suspect you the part of the self centred ilk who don't wear them because your a pack of narcissists.

If we organised something, it be for Goths only, not fakers who never been to a proper Goth night their who damn life.

South Wales

Just a thought, if you are passionate why not arrange a goth weekend, your rules and build it up from there. To many people moan they have nothing but never prepared to take the bull by the horns and become organisers. Go for it we say "

Spend 20 years building something up like Jo Hampshire did, only to have it ruined by people not on the scene?

You lot might want the "everyone welcome" crap but that's exactly why it isn't Goth anymore, yes I moan because it was a really really good event.

hull

Wgw wasn't ruined by excepting everybody into the event, it's been ruined by the back stabbing and underhand tactics of TOGO, who took the spa venue from under Jo, thankfully they have now been kicked out, so hopefully we will see some decent bands back at the spa, and hopefully Jo working with the new promoter's....

South Wales

"Wgw wasn't ruined by excepting everybody into the event, it's been ruined by the back stabbing and underhand tactics of TOGO, who took the spa venue from under Jo, thankfully they have now been kicked out, so hopefully we will see some decent bands back at the spa, and hopefully Jo working with the new promoter's...."

I thought it was the Spa Management, that has gone and it's reverted back to the Council and that Tomorrows Ghost were the Promoters that took it from Jo?

'WGW' is Jo's event and belongs in the Spa. I know the band's have been crap for a decade. TG is not WGW.

Shame some of the club's won't be returning though, Nostalgia at RAW was a good one.

hull

Jo had raised a few health and safety issues that seemed to be the nail in the coffin...

S.I.V , who were running the spa thought they could make more money, thus getting togo in, but seeing there track record it didn't work out!!!

Jo has never run it as a profit making organisation, although other people thought they could...

right guys hope to bump into you all at some point over the weekend. lets have some fun playing dress up and been fake like Celtic says. oh i suppose we colud stay at home and moan and get depressed. i mean thats what goths do aint

By *yvanwy black wild childTV/TS  over a year ago

Northwich

Not making this event but roll on April 22-24th as its going to be my 1st

hull

"right guys hope to bump into you all at some point over the weekend. lets have some fun playing dress up and been fake like Celtic says. oh i suppose we colud stay at home and moan and get depressed. i mean thats what goths do aint"

We definitely intend to have a good time, we're not gona be hard to miss, pm us if you want to know and hopefully see you in a pub somewhere there...

South Wales

"Jo had raised a few health and safety issues that seemed to be the nail in the coffin...

S.I.V , who were running the spa thought they could make more money, thus getting togo in, but seeing there track record it didn't work out!!!

Jo has never run it as a profit making organisation, although other people thought they could..."

I hope Jo gets it back and it returns to something like it was. It was perfect around 2008 but just declined more each passing year with drama. First with her ex taking the Met off her and then the Bram Stokers Film Festival. I just loath how busy and expensive it has become when once it was quieter and out of season.

"right guys hope to bump into you all at some point over the weekend. lets have some fun playing dress up and been fake like Celtic says. oh i suppose we colud stay at home and moan and get depressed. i mean thats what goths do aint"

We should meet up somewhere and moan at the fact that Celtic aren't here to brighten up everyones mood! I mean how could we even think of having a good weekend without them.......

Can we not just agree that different people have different views.. This thread has become somewhat divisional... Agrre to disagree and all play nice?

"Can we not just agree that different people have different views.. This thread has become somewhat divisional... Agrre to disagree and all play nice? "

hi guys there was only one person moaning to be honest. like i said from the off i put this post up to see who was going. not to moan at every thread put on here.

I mean he has valid points.. It has changed and morphed....im not saying whether thts good or bad.. But it is different.. We go every year and will be there at some point..live and let live.. Always been our philosophy. If we don't agree with someone, we tend to just keep shtum

By *elndaveCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We're going too, if you fancy a drink/want to say hi?

Can't wait now

South Wales

"Can we not just agree that different people have different views.. This thread has become somewhat divisional... Agrre to disagree and all play nice?

hi guys there was only one person moaning to be honest. like i said from the off i put this post up to see who was going. not to moan at every thread put on here."

Out in Goth circles people are moaning still. Like as not, see you as the sort who go to leer at the young Goth girls...

South Wales

"I mean he has valid points.. It has changed and morphed....im not saying whether thts good or bad.. But it is different.. We go every year and will be there at some point..live and let live.. Always been our philosophy. If we don't agree with someone, we tend to just keep shtum

"

Thank you. Jo herself said it's more "Alternative" then Goth now. Not her choice but she can't decided who goes into to the town. I just dislike how everyone there is a apparently "Goth" for the day as though your culture is a "light switch". Hell I have taken shit over the years from Joe Public. I bet some who go now are the sort who used to say to people like me, "it's not Halloween yet, love".

It's too busy and the prices are ridiculous. At its peak, WGW had attendee's of about 1400 at most. You could subtly walk around in your best without being acousted and then finding yourself in a Goth calender without consent, as a friend found out.

In the last decade the Goth scene is a lot smaller and yet there are apparently 3000+ Goths for just a weekend?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Spend 20 years building something up like Jo Hampshire did, only to have it ruined by people not on the scene?

You lot might want the "everyone welcome" crap but that's exactly why it isn't Goth anymore, yes I moan because it was a really really good event."

Same with sports cars, boxing and everything.... the masses water it down...

Notts

But not going this year

I'd say more like 12. I think the arrival of the Steampunks brought it more attention, especially with people who like to moderately dress up but lack the courage to do this outside Whitby.

This then brought in more photographers, which in term brought more public, who then decided to "join in" and dress up themselves. Before you know it, the Goths who go for the music festival and clubs, can't either get/afford accommodation and its now way over priced for what should be an out of season holiday. This results in falling numbers of actual Goths.

You then end up of Joe Public, doing pub crawls in fancy dress, which is What Whitby "Goth" Weekend has become.

Yes Goths are bitter about it, they lost their only music festival in the UK."

Yeah same happens to nude beaches and dogging areas, every twat comes and kills it.... hello world!

South Wales

But not going this year

Yeah same happens to nude beaches and dogging areas, every twat comes and kills it.... hello world! "

Absolutely. Look at tattoos, only military, lorry drivers, bikers, punks, Goths (people who were generally looked down on in society) had them. Now every bugger and their mother does - but they didn't ever get the abuse/discrimination for it..

This place is a fine example when something goes mainstream. Swinging now belongs to the "beautiful people", the "quality over quantity" (who the fuck speaks like, that other then a complete fucking narcissist?)

But yes, I agree.

Notts

But not going this year

Yeah same happens to nude beaches and dogging areas, every twat comes and kills it.... hello world!

Absolutely. Look at tattoos, only military, lorry drivers, bikers, punks, Goths (people who were generally looked down on in society) had them. Now every bugger and their mother does - but they didn't ever get the abuse/discrimination for it..

This place is a fine example when something goes mainstream. Swinging now belongs to the "beautiful people", the "quality over quantity" (who the fuck speaks like, that other then a complete fucking narcissist?)

But yes, I agree."

But that would mean only the elite should travel.... fucking package holidays ruined the world ! And drag shows on TV now! Edgy, Edgy. ...do me a favour

Notts

AND photography! used to be done by proper photographers, it was a craft... now every fucking idiot is waving a camera phone around, you cant even fart without someone there waiting to capture it! they killed the office party! And everyone is a bloody model! Jeeze and goths think theyve got stuff to moan about

South Wales

"AND photography! used to be done by proper photographers, it was a craft... now every fucking idiot is waving a camera phone around, you cant even fart without someone there waiting to capture it! they killed the office party! And everyone is a bloody model! Jeeze and goths think theyve got stuff to moan about "

Haha, well this was the ONLY UK Goth Festival in UK for many years. There is one in Reading now but, Reading over Whitby. With its old cobbled streets and Dracula association in the Yorkshire Moors, come on its fucking Gothland if ever there was one!

I would have had no issue with the costumers/part time Goths/photowhores Mr and Mrs Adams from Penkridge, just going to York, or Leeds and parade about but they needed to hang onto the Goth tailcoats because they didn't have the bottle to do it where they would actually stand out. So Goths going there for the actual clubs, bands etc struggle to find accomodation.

This has had a detrimental effect on Whitby for Goths such as:

1) Hard to get accommodation

2) Cost has gone up 50%

3) everyone assumes you are there to be photographed.

4) its now far too busy.

Yes, most Goths really do enjoy everyone deciding to be a Goth for the one weekend.

will be there from friday about 3pm. staying in a pub a mile out from whitby. love whitby even when its not goth weekend. we go on the bike often enough. its gotta be a fish and chip tea lol. then let the fun start.

Notts

"AND photography! used to be done by proper photographers, it was a craft... now every fucking idiot is waving a camera phone around, you cant even fart without someone there waiting to capture it! they killed the office party! And everyone is a bloody model! Jeeze and goths think theyve got stuff to moan about

Haha, well this was the ONLY UK Goth Festival in UK for many years. There is one in Reading now but, Reading over Whitby. With its old cobbled streets and Dracula association in the Yorkshire Moors, come on its fucking Gothland if ever there was one!

I would have had no issue with the costumers/part time Goths/photowhores Mr and Mrs Adams from Penkridge, just going to York, or Leeds and parade about but they needed to hang onto the Goth tailcoats because they didn't have the bottle to do it where they would actually stand out. So Goths going there for the actual clubs, bands etc struggle to find accomodation.

2) Cost has gone up 50%

4) its now far too busy.

Yes, most Goths really do enjoy everyone deciding to be a Goth for the one weekend."

like i said, same for proper doggers, site becomes known and then every fucking moron who wants a look turns up and doggers have to find another spot!

fabswingers! how many bloody pretenders are on here, message you, talk shit, disappear.....

Youre right whitby is the place for goths but as people dont leave the nudists alone, they have to go have a look, and fucking in the dunes, now theres bloody patrols coz of reports by people going to look! wtf... etc etc i feel entitled to behave like every other selfish twat and go to whitby with no goth credentials at all just to mince around on a night out, i want a banging up a back alley

By *dalisqueWoman  over a year ago

land of make believe

"We've only been in the American diner once years ago, the service was that slow we walked out!!!! Our first port of call is the pie and mash shop, normally about 12 ish on the Friday, then a pint or 2 in black horse.... "

Humble Pie & Mash is awesome and I don't even like pie usually.

Have a great weekend

South Wales

"AND photography! used to be done by proper photographers, it was a craft... now every fucking idiot is waving a camera phone around, you cant even fart without someone there waiting to capture it! they killed the office party! And everyone is a bloody model! Jeeze and goths think theyve got stuff to moan about

2) Cost has gone up 50%

4) its now far too busy.

Yes, most Goths really do enjoy everyone deciding to be a Goth for the one weekend.

like i said, same for proper doggers, site becomes known and then every fucking moron who wants a look turns up and doggers have to find another spot!

fabswingers! how many bloody pretenders are on here, message you, talk shit, disappear.....

Youre right whitby is the place for goths but as people dont leave the nudists alone, they have to go have a look, and fucking in the dunes, now theres bloody patrols coz of reports by people going to look! wtf... etc etc i feel entitled to behave like every other selfish twat and go to whitby with no goth credentials at all just to mince around on a night out, i want a banging up a back alley "

I must admit, dogging looks sordid and seems mostly chav/BMW drivers vs some mature woman, who is bored of hubby.

Nudist spotting?! Haha damn. In Whitby you now get coachloads going to "Goth spot" on the weekends. It's ridiculous really. Most Goths I know didn't get up till midday so its all the costumers down for the day. Again, this would be much better if done in York or some other nice Cathedral city. Hell they could dress up as Harry Potter and go down the Shambles.

South Wales

"Well at least there normal and not a tranny"

Gods teeth, how "Alternative" are you exactly? Are you homophobic as well? Can't believe I read that.

Most people I know, go to Whitby to be around the "WEIRDO'S" and get away from "NORMAL" - which you evidently seem to be, saying something like that.

While I might bitch about what WGW has become, it has nothing to do with peoples sexuality/race etc.

South Wales

"We've only been in the American diner once years ago, the service was that slow we walked out!!!! Our first port of call is the pie and mash shop, normally about 12 ish on the Friday, then a pint or 2 in black horse....

Humble Pie & Mash is awesome and I don't even like pie usually.

Have a great weekend "

I was meant to go there last time but it was too busy. I also seem to ritually go in the same places every WGW.

Notts

"So now your attacking everyone that goes for a good weekend. Well at least there normal and not a tranny"

?? can you read? im saying its not just for goths lol and what do you mean, tranny/not normal, how very dare you! You can't even spell they're (as in they are youve put there... something duh), no wonder you get confused

Notts

"Well at least there normal and not a tranny

Gods teeth, how "Alternative" are you exactly? Are you homophobic as well? Can't believe I read that.

Most people I know, go to Whitby to be around the "WEIRDO'S" and get away from "NORMAL" - which you evidently seem to be, saying something like that.

While I might bitch about what WGW has become, it has nothing to do with peoples sexuality/race etc."

exactly, if you want normal try butlins!

Perhaps there should be some sort of weirdo council, where you have to get so many stamps before you're allowed to go to whitby? a whitby goth passport?

eat a bat, get a stamp

walk round asda in full goth outfit, get a stamp

dance with the devil in the pale moon light... stamp

you get the idea, more please, turn up with no passport.... into stocks, into sea..

I'm not the one confused. i think you will find you are. dressing up in women's underwear. you don't like when someone calls you do you. but you sit they calling and slagging everyone off. because there not goth.

Wakefield

you n naughty go and enjoy lucky as long as you both enjoy then fook the others xx

Notts

"I'm not the one confused. i think you will find you are. dressing up in women's underwear. you don't like when someone calls you do you. but you sit they calling and slagging everyone off. because there not goth."

Have you been drinking? I haven't slagged off anyone for not being a goth lol

And its not women's underwear it's underwear, youre showing everyone what your really like though

hull

And so the packing begins, roll on Friday when we get there...

It's funny how we take more with us for 5 days than we do for 2 weeks in Cornwall.

Now just how many pairs of new rocks are we taking...lol..

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"I'm not the one confused. i think you will find you are. dressing up in women's underwear. you don't like when someone calls you do you. but you sit they calling and slagging everyone off. because there not goth."

You sound a nice couple

South Wales

They are not slagging anyone off just the logic to why they are going to a goth event when they are not Goffick.

It's like turning up at a Medieval event as a Stormtrooper (brilliant but hardly appropriate).

Anyone who says "fook everyone just go for a laff" are the types who go and think a Alice Cooper cover band is Goth because it's not normal sounding. Again the ones who have turned this to a shit event. Probably don't even know it's a music festival with actual Goth hands in the Spa.

South Wales

That's a typical, homophobic chav response. Not something you get from the Alternative crowd. Then I think your as " Alternative" as a brick wall.

By *alldarkhandsomedaveMan  over a year ago

Derby

I’ll be there the back end of this week and over the weekend.

I’m not a goth but it’s a good weekend with generally a good vibe.

If anyone wants to say hi, drop me a message